Type: Municipal University
Entrance exam: Not required
Religious affiliation: Non-sectarian
Term structure: Semester
School year: starts in August
₱ 16,000-20,000 per year
₱ 6,800-12,000 per year
Based on the FindUniversity.ph Weighted Board Exams Ranking
|Rank in Pangasinan
||3rd out of 9 schools
|Rank in Ilocos Region
||8th out of 17 schools
|Rank in Philippines
||161 out of 273 schools
Board Exams Performance
Displaying the passing rates of First Time Examinees only.
Based on the results of the past 4 exams of each board exam.
||Passing Rates (First Timers)
||Rank in Philippines
Address: Urdaneta City University, #1 San Vicente West, Urdaneta City, Pangasinan, Philippines
Scholarships at Urdaneta City University
1. ENTRANCE SCHOLARSHIPS (for one academic year only)
• Valedictorian - 100%
• Salutatorian - 50%
2. ACADEMIC SCHOLARSHIPS
• President’s List - 100%. Student applicant must have a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 92 or higher, with no grade lower than 90.
• Dean’s List - 50%. Student applicant must have a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 89-91, with no grade lower than 88.
3. SERVICE SCHOLARSHIPS
• Student Assistant - 100% depending on the recommendation of the Adviser. Student shall secure an application form from the OSC and shall undergo an interview. Upon passing the interview, the student is allowed to enroll a maximum of 18 units only per semester. The student must renew his scholarship every semester and must secure a letter of renewal from his/her Supervising Officer, upon the approval of the Committee on Scholarship (COS).
• Athletes (UCU Knights)
- National Competitor - 100%
- Regional Competitor- 50%
- Local Competitor - 25%
• Music Ensemble, Performing Arts or Cultural Scholars - 50%, 75% & 100%
• Editorial board members of the student publication - 50%, 75% & 100%
4. SANGGUNIANG KABATAAN SCHOLARSHIP - 50%
• Applicants must submit a certification
• Applicable only to SK Officials of Urdaneta City
5. BARANGAY OFFICIALS SCHOLARSHIP - 20%
• Shall only be open to Urdaneta City University’s barangay officials themselves or their spouses and children.
6. SANGGUNIANG PANGLUNGSOD SCHOLARSHIP - 50%
• Sangguniang Panglungsod Resolution No. 268, s.2003 entitles every councilor to send two (2) scholars from their respective districts granting 50% tuition fee discount for every academic year. Such scholar shall have an entrance average grade of 85 (high school). Moreover, said scholar shall not obtain a grade lower than 82 and shall have an average of 85 every end of the semester during his stay in school. Furthermore, the sponsoring City Councilor has the discretion to change his scholar. The scholar shall secure certification from the sponsoring councilor upon his enrolment.
7. LOYALTY BENEFIT - Percentage depends on the number of relatives enrolled.
• Applies to brothers and sisters or parent and children who are simultaneously enrolled in the university in one semester.
• NSO certified birth certificate must be presented.
8. SGO PRESIDENT AND EDITOR-IN-CHIEF SCHOLARSHIP - 100%
9. UNIVERSITY EMPLOYEES (&/OR THEIR CHILDREN)
• Employees who have served the university for more than 10 years. - 75%
• Employees who have served the university for 5-10 years. - 50%
• Employees who have served the university for less than 2-5 years. - 25%
10. CITY GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES (&/OR THEIR CHILDREN)
• Employees who have served the city government for more than 10 years. - 50%
• Employees who have served the city government for 5-10 years. - 25%
• Employees who have served the city government for less than 5 years. - 15%
- Certification from the HRMO must be presented
11. BENEFICIARIES OF CITY PNP/ BFP - 20%
• Birth Certificate and Certification from the HRMO must be presented
12. AFPEBS-CCU EDUCATIONAL BENEFIT PROGRAM - 75%
• Student-Applicant must present supporting documents from the AFP
13. ALTERNATIVE LEARNING SYSTEM SCHOLARS (TOP 3 SLOTS) - 50%
14. CONGRESSIONAL, CHED MINORITY SCHOLARS
Notwithstanding the foregoing scholarship grants, the Board of Regents (BOR) may grant other forms of scholarship as it may deem proper. Likewise, except in special cases, taking into consideration the nature of scholarship, hereto scholarship grants shall be availed of alternatively. Thus, grantee can only avail of one scholarship grant, at his preference or whichever is highly beneficial to him. Finally, unless otherwise stated, all abovementioned scholarships must be renewed every semester.