This school is included under the "Universal Access to Quality Tertiary Education" law that passed in 2017.
The law covers students enrolled in State and Local universities/colleges in Bachelors and Certificate programs.
Under the Law students in accredited State and Local universities/colleges will not pay any tuition fees or misc fee.
The Law covers only first time students (students who don't already have a college degree).
However, the full implementation of this law is not clear yet.
₱ 8,000-12,000 per year
Board Exams Performance
Displaying the passing rates of First Time Examinees only.
Based on the results of the past 4 exams of each board exam.
||Passing Rates (First Timers)
||Rank in Philippines
Address: University of Rizal System - Cainta Campus, Karangalan Dr, Cainta, 1900 Rizal
Scholarships at URS Cainta
The URS Scholarship Program in conceived under the idea that the school must assist poor but deserving students in the pursuit of higher education.
A. ENTRANCE SCHOLARSHIP
Upon enrollment in the College Department, a student may enjoy privileges of a scholar if he/she satisfies the following criteria:
1. A student who graduated valedictorian of a class composed of no less than 50 graduates and attested by the school principal will enjoy 100% exemption from tuition fees for one semester
2. A student who graduated salutatorian of a class not less than 50 graduates and attested by the school principal will enjoy 50% exemption from the tuition fees for one semester
B. ACADEMIC SCHOLARSHIP
A scholarship consisting of 100% or 50% exemption from tuition fees for a semester shall be enjoyed by any college student who satisfies the following requirements:
1. A weighted average of 1.24 or better for 100% or full scholarship
2. A weighted average of 1.25 to 1.44 for 50% or partial scholarship
3. The applicant should be enrolled and have passed Physical Education NSTP during the prescribed curriculum period
4. The scholar is required to earn full semestral load on the course he/she is taking as prescribed in the curriculum or at lest 87% of the prescribed academic subject in a semester
5. All incomplete grade should be completed before the start of the succeeding semester
6. No failing grade should be incurred by the applicant
7. The applicant should posseses a good moral standing and leadership potential through participation in authorized school activities, both curricular and co-curricular
The Head of Student Affairs coordinates with the Institute’s Head the awarding of Academic Scholarship grants of private and government enterprises.
C. SERVICE SCHOLARSHIP
(Varsity, Band Member, Theater Arts, URS Chorale Officers of the Federation Executive Committee)
A scholarship consisting of 100% exemption from tuition fees for a semester shall be enjoyed by any college student who satisfies the following requirements:
1. A weighted average of 2.25 or better for 100% or full scholarship
2. The scholar is required to earn 15 units semestral load on the course he/she is taking. All incomplete grades should be completed before the start of the succeeding semester
3. No failing grade should be incurred by the scholar
4. The applicant should be included in the University Selection Team and/or passed the screening as certified by the Sports Director/Coach (Varsity Players), Coordinator, URS Theater Arts (Theater Arts), URS Band Conductor (Band Member) and URS Chorale Adviser (URS Chorale)
Requirements during the Service Scholarship
• Academic Load
1. A scholar is required to carry at least 15 units semestral load on the course he is taking as prescribed in the curriculum
2. Physical Education and NSTP are required subjects. The scholar is therefore required to enroll in these subjects during the prescribed curriculum period
3. University Screening Committee will evaluate the performance of the service scholars every semester.
• Weighted Average
The Academic scholar’s performance will be evaluated after the end of every semester to determine if he is still qualified to continue.
• Screening Committee
Screening and selection of all scholars shall be conducted by the Campus Director, Head of Institute and Scholarship Committee organized by the Office of Student Services.
The Screening Committee is composed of the Coordinator, Office of Student Development Services, Chief of Financial Aid Program and one teacher-representative from the Department/Institute.
D. STUDENT ASSISTANCE FUND for Education (SAFE) for Loan
The program shall cater to financially needy students who are in their 3rd, 4th, 5th or graduating year of study. Priority shall be given to those enrolled in CHED Priority Courses (Agriculture, Fisheries, Agro-Business, Forestry, Veterinary Medicine, Environmental Science, English, Math, Science, Teacher Education, Maritime and Engineering).
The loan grant can be used for tuition and other school fees (books and course projects, thesis writing, board and lodging, graduation fees) and other valid educational expenses.