This school is included under the "Universal Access to Quality Tertiary Education" law that passed in 2017.
The law covers students enrolled in State and Local universities/colleges in Bachelors and Certificate programs.
Under the Law students in accredited State and Local universities/colleges will not pay any tuition fees or misc fee.
The Law covers only first time students (students who don't already have a college degree).
However, the full implementation of this law is not clear yet.
₱ 8,400-19,000 per year
Based on the FindUniversity.ph Weighted Board Exams Ranking
|Rank in Tarlac
||1st out of 3 schools
|Rank in Central Luzon
||11st out of 23 schools
|Rank in Philippines
||149 out of 273 schools
Board Exams Performance
Displaying the passing rates of First Time Examinees only.
Based on the results of the past 4 exams of each board exam.
||Passing Rates (First Timers)
||Rank in Philippines
Address: Tarlac State University, Romulo Boulevard, San Vicente, Tarlac City, 2300 Tarlac
Scholarships at Tarlac State University
1. Honorific (Entrance) Scholarship – given to high school graduates entering college with discounts as follows:
A. Valedictorian- full cost of tuition fee.
B. Salutatorian – half cost of tuition fee.
2. University Scholarship (full cost of tuition and miscellaneous fees) – given to students with grade point average of 1.45 or better with no failing grade, no incomplete in any subject with full academic load as prescribed by the course curriculum and of good moral character.
3. College Scholarship (half cost of tuition and miscellaneous fees) – given to students with grade point average of 1.46 to 1.75, with no failing grade, no incomplete in any subject with full academic load as prescribed by the course and of good moral character.
4. Other scholarships and privileges - 100% tuition and miscellaneous fees to the following:
A. Members of the National Commission on Indigenous people.
B. Student Leaders such as SSC officers and Governors in each college.
C. TSU Board of Regents
D. TSU Performing Arts
E. Investment Scholarship Funds (ISF)
• Gold Medalist – full cost of tuition and miscellaneous fees
• Silver Medalist – 75% cost of tuition and miscellaneous fees
• Bronze Medalist – 50% cost of tuition and miscellaneous fees
G. Editor-in-Chief (University Publication) – 100% cost of tuition fee.
H. ROTC Cadette Officer – 100% cost of tuition fee
I. Dependent Children of TSU Faculty/Personnel – 100% full cost of tuition fee.
5. GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIPS
Various government agencies also provide academic grants to students in the university. The applicants to these scholarships are screened by the concerned government agencies and the lists of qualified applicants are later forwarded to the university.
Below is a rundown, thus:
A. Scholarship through CHED student applicants may visit the student scholarship unit for the criteria and requirements.
• DND-CHED-PASUC Study Grant Program
• Full Merit
• Half Merit
• National Scholarship Program
• One-Town-One Scholar
• Student Assistance for Education (SAFE) for scholarship
• Scholarship Program for Indigenous and Ethnic People (SP-IEP)
• CHED Congressional District Scholarship Program
• CHED State Scholarship Program
• CHED Senate Scholarship Program
• Study Grant Program for the Dependent Children of the PNP Personnel
• Study Grant Program for the Senior Citizens or Elderly Persons
• CIBAC Party List
• BUTIL Party List
• DOST-SEI Scholarship
• GSIS Scholarship Program
• Overseas Workers Welfare Administration for Development Scholarship Program (OWWA – EDSP)
B. Local Government Scholarship Program
• Tarlac City Government Scholarship Program
• Local Government Unit of Camiling Scholarship Program
• Local Government Unit of Sta. Ignacia Scholarship Grant
C. PRIVATE SPONSORED SCHOLARSHIP
Students in the university are also granted scholarship by private institutions. Some of these are:
• Tarlac People’s Economic Council Foundation, Inc.
• Tarlac Lions Club Scholarship Program
• THS Batch ’60 Scholarship Program
• THS Batch ’63 Scholarship Program
• UNISON Co Memorial Scholarship Foundation
• Esperanza Paz Scholarship Program
• Aguman Capampangan Australia
• S.P.Q. Scholarship Program
• C.P.Q. Scholarship Program
• Engr. Eddie and Nina David Scholarship Program
• GELIO Scholarship Program
• Bernarda Pascual Scholarship Program
• SM Foundation, Inc.
• Student Assistantship
• SEEDS Program of Jollibee Food Corporation