₱ 40,000-90,000 per year
₱ 16,000-33,000 per year
₱ 16,000-33,000 per year
Based on the FindUniversity.ph Weighted Board Exams Ranking
|Rank in Cebu
||7th out of 11 schools
|Rank in Central Visayas
||12nd out of 18 schools
|Rank in Philippines
||133 out of 273 schools
Board Exams Performance
Displaying the passing rates of First Time Examinees only.
Based on the results of the past 4 exams of each board exam.
||Passing Rates (First Timers)
||Rank in Philippines
Address: Southwestern University, Villa Aznar, Urgello St., Cebu City 6000, Cebu
Scholarships at Southwestern University
1. Within Reach Scholarship
Open to all Grade 12 students who wish to pursue college. Grantees will receive 50% discount on tuition fee only. Applicable to 4-year or 6-year academic program.
To apply, submit a photocopy of your Grade 12 1st Semester report card, and a photocopy of your school ID to the Guidance Center of Student Life for qualifying exam schedule. Application period is from November 5, 2018-December 15, 2018.
2. PHINMA Scholarship
The program is only offered to FILIPINO students who rank at the top 10 of their graduating class in terms of academic standing.
For schools with a student population of 200 or less, the program will be offered to the top 5 of the graduating class.
The student must be interested in any of the courses offered below:
2. Information Technology
3. Veterinary Medicine
5. Medical Technology
7. Rehabilitative Sciences
The program will provide the following benefits:
1. 100% tuition fee discount for the normal duration of the program course
2. Modest monthly allowance (for 10 months of the school year plus 1.5 months for summer)
3. Financial support for board review and exam fees (where applicable)
1. A total of 30 slots will be opened. But there will only be 10 slots open for each of the area cluster, namely.
1.1 Cebu City and Cebu Province
1.2 Visayas (except Cebu)
2. Interested students who belong to the top 10 of their graduating class must inform his/her principal and indicate which priority program he/she would like to take.
3. Names of interested students are endorsed by the School Principal to SWU PHINMA’s Marketing Department.
4. Entrance exams for interested students will be scheduled and conducted by SU PHINMA’s Marketing Team.
5. Students who took the entrance exams will be ranked based on the results of the exams, their academic standing, and program opening.
6. Only the top 10 in each of the area cluster will be accepted.
7. If a student who passed the selection process backs out, the next best choice in that cluster and program will be considered.
The following are the major conditions for maintaining the benefits and privileges of the scholarship:
1. The scholar must have at least an average grade of 1.75 with no grade lower than 2.0 in all his/her subjects.
2. The scholar must enroll the regular semester load of not less than 15 units or as prescribed in the curriculum of the program taken.
3. The scholar may only transfer to another course only if that course is a priority course under the scholarship program, and approved by the Student Life Office.
4. The scholars are required to render 10 service hours a week in the assigned office to support administrative and operational work.
5. The scholar’s academic performance is assessed every semester.
6. The scholar must maintain proper ethical conduct within and outside the school campus. Any report of misdemeanor or violations of SWU PHINMA rules and regulations and the students’ code of conduct will be grounds for termination of the scholarship.
7. The scholar must complete all requirements prescribed in the respective program pursued.
8. An honorable dismissal will not be issued in cases of breach of contract; and the scholar repays the university all costs incurred.
Return of Service
Scholars are expected to provide service for two years after graduation or passing the board examination for board programs. Otherwise, they must pay for their scholarship. Return service may be with any PHINMA company, but this does not guarantee employment. If the PHINMA company cannot provide employment, or if it chooses not to employ a scholar, this frees the scholar from their return of service.
3. SWU PHINMA Presidential Scholarship
For School of Medicine
2. Graduates of a Pre-Med program
3. NMAT passer
Candidates who successfully pass all the requirements and criteria will be provided a 100% discount on tuition.
Application, Requirements, and Selection Process
1. Submit the following initial requirements to the Office of the VP for Student Life located above SWU PHINMA food court.
A. Photocopy of Transcript of Record (TOR) with the following:
1. General Weighted Average (GWA)
2. General Average of Professional Subjects
B. Application Form
1. Click PDF icon below download form or,
2. Get a copy from the Office of the VP for Student Life
C. Other Pertinent Documents
1. Proof of Academic Achievements, Certificate of Honors, Leadership Awards and etc.
2. Qualified applicants will undertake the entrance assessment of the School of Medicine.
3. Candidates will be assessed based on the following criteria:
A. NMAT score
B. Pre-med grades
C. Result of the MMI assessment
4. The top 5 students will be awarded the scholarship. Results will be sent through contact information provided.
4. SWU PHINMA Chairman's Scholarship (temporarily closed for application)
For School of Medicine
2. Graduates or Senior students of a Pre-Med program
Candidates who successfully pass all the requirements and criteria will receive:
1. Coverage of selected candidates' NMAT fees
2. 100% discount on tuition and miscellaneous fees, and a modest monthly allowance.
1. Applicants must fill up the application form (obtain a copy from the Office of Student Life or download it here) and submit with a copy of their latest transcript of records to the Office of the Vice President for Student Life. Deadline of submission is close of business on Jan 20, 2017.
2. After submission, applicants take a socio-economic assessment test at the SWU Main Campus.
3. The shortlisted Top 10 applicants will be announced on the last week of Jan 2017. Screening is based on academic performance, socio-economic assessment test, and completeness of requirements submitted.
4. The shortlisted Top 10 candidates take NMAT in Feb 2017.
5. Applicants who pass the NMAT will take School of Medicine Entrance Exam in June 2017.
6. Top 5 students who pass the School of Medicine Entrance Exam will be awarded scholarships. Results will be release in May 2017