This school is included under the "Universal Access to Quality Tertiary Education" law that passed in 2017.
The law covers students enrolled in State and Local universities/colleges in Bachelors and Certificate programs.
Under the Law students in accredited State and Local universities/colleges will not pay any tuition fees or misc fee.
The Law covers only first time students (students who don't already have a college degree).
However, the full implementation of this law is not clear yet.
₱ 20,000-26,000 per year
₱ 18,000 per year
Based on the FindUniversity.ph Weighted Board Exams Ranking
|Rank in Misamis Oriental
||2nd out of 6 schools
|Rank in Northern Mindanao
||4th out of 14 schools
|Rank in Philippines
||125 out of 273 schools
Centers of Excellence
Centers of Development
Board Exams Performance
Displaying the passing rates of First Time Examinees only.
Based on the results of the past 4 exams of each board exam.
||Passing Rates (First Timers)
||Rank in Philippines
Address: University of Science and Technology of Southern Philippines, Claro M. Recto Avenue, Lapasan, Cagayan de Oro City, 9000 Misamis Oriental
Scholarships at USTP
I. The University is granting the following scholarships to the College students,
A. As provided in the university Student Handbook
Upon admission, free tuition is granted to valedictorians and salutatorians during the first semester subject to some conditions in the succeeding semesters. However, any student who can maintain and meet the criteria can also avail of the privilege.
2. Presidents of Student Organizations
Free tuition is granted to presidents of accredited student organizations, associations and clubs, provided they have no grades below 2.5 (80%). The entitlement is effective only during their terms of office.
B. Pursuant to RA 7160 otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991
Free tuition is granted to
1. Barangay Officials and their legitimate dependents in Cagayan de Oro and
Misamis Oriental, as provided for in par 4, Sec 393
2. SK Officials in Cagayan de Oro and Misamis Oriental or those whose locality is nearest to the university as provided for in Sec 434
C. FASPA (Faculty and Personnel of the university) members and their legitimate
Dependents are granted free tuition.
II. Other Scholarships
Students who are granted scholarships by political leaders, foundations, government agencies, institutions, NGOs and individual persons shall be subject to the admission requirements of the university
3. CEPALCO Educational Assistance Program
4. Citizens’ Battle Against Corruption
5. CMMAssist Co., Inc., Batang Sports Institute
6. Commission on Higher Education
8. Del Monte Foundation, Inc.
9. Department of Agricultural Training Institute
10. Department of Science and Technology
11. Dep Ed
12. Gonzalo and Carmen Abaya Memorial Foundation, Inc. C/o CEPALCO
13. Local Government of Bukidnon
14. MUST Parents-Teachers Association
15. National Commission on Indigenous Peoples
16. Nina Maria Learning Center
17. Overseas Workers Welfare Administration-Education and Training Program
18. Philippine Sinter Foundation, Inc
19. Philippine Veterans Affairs Office
20. Gabay Guro (2G) Scholarship Program
21. Provincial Government of Misamis Oriental
22. San Lorenzo Ruiz Filipino Chinese Community
23. Supreme Student Council
24. Young Men’s Christian Association of Misamis Oriental
26. SK of Cugman
27. Animal Farm Incorporated