This school is included under the "Universal Access to Quality Tertiary Education" law that passed in 2017.
The law covers students enrolled in State and Local universities/colleges in Bachelors and Certificate programs.
Under the Law students in accredited State and Local universities/colleges will not pay any tuition fees or misc fee.
The Law covers only first time students (students who don't already have a college degree).
However, the full implementation of this law is not clear yet.
₱ 6,000-10,000 per year
₱ 12,000 per year
Centers of Excellence
Centers of Development
Board Exams Performance
Displaying the passing rates of First Time Examinees only.
Based on the results of the past 4 exams of each board exam.
||Passing Rates (First Timers)
||Rank in Philippines
Address: Mindanao State University - Naawan, Poblacion, Naawan, Misamis Oriental 9023
Scholarships at MSU Naawan
The University acknowledges the academic achievements of students by way of scholarships and grants. This hopefully motivates the non-scholars to study harder and strive for academic excellence.
Scholarship shall be granted to students with SASE score of 100 and above regardless of campus preference.
• Full Scholarship (Free Tuition and miscellaneous fees and monthly stipend) for students with SASE score of 120 & above.
• Partial Scholarship (Free tuition and miscellaneous fees only) for students with SASE score of 100 & above.
1) Monthly Stipend of Php 1,000.00 for the ff. Courses: BS Fisheries; BS Marine Biology; BS Environmental Science; BS Agronomy; and BS Animal Science. Php 700.00 for the courses: BSEd; BEED; BSBA; BSIT; BSHRM; and BS Accountancy.
2) Free Accommodation in the Dormitory.
3) Book Allowance of Php 200.00 for First and Second Year and Php 500.00 for Third, Fourth and Fifth Year.
4) Transportation Allowance from home to Naawan once a year not exceeding Php 1,000.00.
Tuition Privilege (Free Tuition) is awarded to high school valedictorians and salutatorians, as certified by their school principal, on condition that they passed SASE.
Dependents of MSU employees, members of cultural minority, barangay and SK Chairmen are given free tuition privilege upon presentation of certification.
TYPES OF SCHOLARSHIP
1. Abante Mindanao (ABAMIN)
2. ABCDE Foundation, Inc.
3. Academic Scholarship
4. Atty. Ariel Magno
5. Atty. Arnold M. Caga & Mrs. Ma. Gregoria A. Caga
6. Cantilan Bank Foundation, Inc. Scholarship
7. CHED-SSGP (Congressional)
8. CHED-One Town One Scholar (OTOS) Scholarship
9. CHED-Study Now Pay Later (SNLP)
10. CHED-Student Financial Assistance Program
12. U.C.P.B-CIIF Foundation, Inc.
13. Cong. Juan Ponce Enrile, Jr. Scholarship
14. Filipino Global Charity Association (FGCA)
15. Elmer Dadios and Friends
16. HEED Foundation, Inc.
17. DOST-PCAMRD (Philippine Council for Aquatic and Marine Research and Development).
18. DA-BFAR (Department of Agriculture - Bureau of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources)
19. HUTCHKISS Scholarship
20. Hernando Bacosa Scholarship
21. HOLCIM Scholarship
22. General Juanito Gomez Scholarship
23. James Mante Scholarship
24. Loree Cruz Mante Scholarship
25. Philip Ong Scholarship
26. DILG Scholarship
27. PGMA Accelerated Science and Technology Human Resources Development Program (ASTHRDP)
28. Santeh Aquaculture S&T Foundation Scholarship
29. MSUans of Metro Manila Incorporated (MMMI) Scholarship
30. Lucia de C. Unsay Scholarship
31. Mateo & Lilia Calingin Foundation Scholarships
32. National Commission on Indigenous Peoples Scholarship Program
33. Rojaida Sacmar Scholarship
34. LGU Gingoog Scholarship Grant
35. MSU eVillage International (MEVI)
36. Economic Development Grant (EDG)
37. Dependent Scholar
40. Partial Scholarship
41. Tuition Privilege
42. Special Skills Scholarship:
• Performing Arts (Indak Kalaunan)
• Choral Group (Koro Kaayad Kaligaon)