This school is included under the "Universal Access to Quality Tertiary Education" law that passed in 2017.
The law covers students enrolled in State and Local universities/colleges in Bachelors and Certificate programs.
Under the Law students in accredited State and Local universities/colleges will not pay any tuition fees or misc fee.
The Law covers only first time students (students who don't already have a college degree).
However, the full implementation of this law is not clear yet.
₱ 7,000-18,000 per year
₱ 28,000 per year
Based on the FindUniversity.ph Weighted Board Exams Ranking
|Rank in Lanao del Norte
||1st out of 3 schools
|Rank in Northern Mindanao
||3rd out of 14 schools
|Rank in Philippines
||28th out of 273 schools
Centers of Excellence
Centers of Development
Board Exams Performance
Displaying the passing rates of First Time Examinees only.
Based on the results of the past 4 exams of each board exam.
||Passing Rates (First Timers)
||Rank in Philippines
Address: Mindanao State University - Iligan Institute of Technology, Andres Bonifacio Avenue, Tibanga, Iligan City, Lanao del Norte
Scholarships at MSU-IIT
A. External Scholarships
I. Privately Funded Scholarships
1. Association of IIT Alumni Foundation, Inc. (AIITAFI)
Privileges: monthly stipend of P500
2. COCOFOUNDATION Scholarship Program
Privileges: monthly stipend and free tuition
Privileges: Tuition and other school fees
4. JCreations Digital Printing Station Scholarship Program
Privileges: P4,000 semestral allowance
Recipient: BSIT/BSCS graduating students
5. LEXMARK Research and Development Corp.
Privileges: School fees, Book allowance of P6,000/year, living allowance of P3,000/month, transportation allowance of P4,000/year, clothing allowance of P500/sem and special project cash allowance of P5,000 once the student is in his/her senior year.
6. METROBANK Scholarship Program (ACCESS)
Privileges: 100% subsidy to cover full payment of tuition and other fees, semestral allowance of P5,000 to cover books, uniform and other school-related expenses
7. New Horizon Travel and Tours Scholarship Program
Privileges: P4,000 semestral allowance
Recipient: BSBA Entrepreneurial Marketing graduating students
8. Order of the Eastern Star (OES)
Privileges: P300 monthly plus book allowance/per sem
9. PHINMA Foundation Scholarship Program
Privileges: Grant of P5,000 per semester.
10. PILMICO Foods Corporation
Privileges: A grant not exceeding the amount of P3,760; uniform allowance for ROTC in the amount of P1,500; allowance for Registration/Miscellaneous Expenses of P500 (library fee, athletic fee, school publication fee, dental/medical, guidance and ID Card, and Tuition Fee (21 units x Php 100/unit), Books P1,000, school supplies, P500, Laboratory fee P200
11. PSME-ILIGAN BAY CHAPTER
Privileges: Monthly stipend of P400, book allowance of P500/sem. Tuition and other school fees.
II. Government-Funded Scholarships
1. Department of Science and Technology (DOST)
(a) tuition and other school fees not to exceed P3,500/sem:
(b) allowance for prescribed textbooks and essentials school supplies at P500/sem;
(c) outright grant for prescribed Military and Physical Education uniforms at P500 during first year;
(d) free transportation for one-economy round trip between the permanent residence and place of study;
(e) monthly living allowance for a 10-month duration of P1,500/P700/P500 for full, partial & special grant, respectively, depending on the awarded scholarship category which shall be based on certain socio-economic indicators (e.g residence, income, size of family, etc.); and
(f) group health and accident insurance.
2. Senator Kiko Pangilinan Scholarship
3. Mayor’s Scholarship Program
4. Barangay Officials Tuition Privilege
Privileges: free tuition
5. Commission on Higher Education (CHED)
Privileges: semestral stipend
6. Oversea’s Workers Welfare Administration
7. DND-CHED-PASUC Scholarship Program
Privileges: exemption from payment of tuition and other matriculation fees; miscellaneous expenses will be shouldered by CHED.
8. HERO Scholarship
9. GSIS Scholarship Program
III. International Scholarships
1. The Robert Schappert U.S.A. Scholarship
Privilege: Tuition bills
B. Internal Scholarships
I. Academic Scholarships
1. MSU-SASE Top 20
Privileges: (a) Free tuition and other fees, & (b) monthly stipend of P400
2. Dean’s Lister (for COE, CSM, SCS, and CASS AB English & BS Psych Students)
(a) Free tuition and other fees for those students whose grade point average range from 1.75 to 1.50, while
(b) free tuition and other fees plus monthly stipend ranging from Php400 to Php1200 for those students who obtained a GPA ranging from 1.49 to 1.00.
3. Grants-In Aid Program (Scholars of Engineering Technology)
(a) Free tuition and other fees,
(b) reimbursement of two-way transportation expenses, &
(c) monthly stipend of P500 or higher.
4. Valedictorians / Salutatorians
Privileges: granted free tuition only during the first semester of his/her admission.
II. Financial Assistantships
1. Student Assistantship / Office Assistantship
Awarded to deserving students in the undergraduate level who are in need of financial assistance. This type of grants-in-aid is renewable on a semestral basis. Student assistants are compensated at the rate of P10/hr while office assistants are compensated at P15/hr. Compensation is good for a maximum of 100 hours only per month.
2. Special Scholarships
• Dance (Kalimulan Cultural Dance Troupe)
• Band (Echoes)
• Theater Arts (IPAG: Integrated Performing Arts Guild)
• Choral Scholarship Program (Octava Choral Society)
• Varsity Scholarship Program (Sports)
- free tuition and other fees except student government and student publication fees;
- free book rentals, and
- monthly allowance of P300.