₱ 160,000-240,000 per year
₱ 105,000 per entire program
Based on the FindUniversity.ph Weighted Board Exams Ranking
|Rank in Cavite
||3rd out of 9 schools
|Rank in Calabarzon
||8th out of 37 schools
|Rank in Philippines
||42 out of 273 schools
Board Exams Performance
Displaying the passing rates of First Time Examinees only.
Based on the results of the past 4 exams of each board exam.
||Passing Rates (First Timers)
||Rank in Philippines
Address: Lyceum of the Philippines University - Cavite, Governor's Drive, Barangay Manggahan General Trias, Cavite
Scholarships at LPU Cavite
I. ACADEMIC SCHOLARSHIP
The following academic scholarship are offered in pursuit of the vision of the Lyceum of the Philippines to be a center of academic excellence and to give financially deserving and capable youth access to quality instruction thereby promoting equity in securing higher education.
1. JOSE P. LAUREL - SOTERO H. LAUREL PRESIDENT SCHOLARSHIP
This scholarship is offered in the areas of Accountancy, Electronics and Communications Engineering, Computer Science, Customs Administration, Journalism and Mass Communication/Communications Arts, Legal Studies, International Relations and Nursing.
• Free tuition fee and miscellaneous fees
• Monthly stipend for 10 months (June to March)
• Book allowance per semester
• Clothing allowance per school year
• A high school graduate
• Belong to the top 10% of the graduated/graduating class of at least thirty five (35) students
• Of good moral character
• A Filipino citizen
• Pass the qualifying written and oral examinations
• Pass the physical examination conducted by the Lyceum Medical Clinic
• Shall take the course in the area identified and approved by the Lyceum Scholarship Committee
• Shall maintain an average of 1.75 or better with no grade lower than 2.0 in all subjects of the program including Physical Education and must pass NSTP
• Shall carry the approved load as prescribed in the curriculum of the course
• Shall not drop any subject, or change subject/schedule, or shift courses, without the prior approval of the President during the semester
• Once disqualified, cannot be reinstated to the program
• Cannot enjoy more than one (1) scholarship at the same time
• Will be automatically terminated if any of the following should occur:
- Failure to pursue the course continuously;
- Failure to maintain the required grades;
- Failure to carry the approved load of the course;
- Serious misconduct or infraction of rules and regulations as defined in the Student Handbook.
2. ENTRANCE/HONOR GRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP
This scholarship program is designed to give financial assistance to deserving high school and college graduates.
• Valedictorians are exempted from taking the college entrance exam and are entitled to free tuition and miscellaneous fees for one school year provided they carry the full semestral load and do not drop or fail in any subject.
• Salutatorians are exempted from taking the college entrance exam and are granted 50% discount on tuition and miscellaneous fees for one school year provided they carry the full semestral load and do not drop or fail in any subject.
• High School graduates graduating with First Honorable Mention are entitled to a 50% discount on tuition fees for one semester provided they carry the full semetral load and do not drop or fail in any subject.
• Baccalaureate Honor Graduates are entitled to free tuition for one semester in the College of Law or Graduate School.
• Editors-in-Chief of the official student and/or school publications exempted from taking the college entrance exam and are granted 50% discount on tuition for one semester provided they carry the full semestral load and do not drop or fail in any subject.
• Graduated Valedictorian/Salutatorian/First Honorable Mention
• Baccalaureate honor graduate as summa cum laude, magna cum laude or cum laude
• Graduated as Editor-in-Chief of the official school publication
• Certified honor student and/or Editor-in-Chief by the school Principal, Guidance Counselor, Dean or Registrar provided the total number of students graduated meet the required number. (Required number of graduates for Valedictorian and Salutatorian is 40 and above; First Honorable Mention is 101 and above.)
• For full scholarship, the applicant must obtain a grade point average (GPA) of 1.5 or higher in the previous semester with no final grade lower than 1.75 in any subject.
• For partial scholarship, the applicant must obtain a grade point average (GPA) of 1.75 or higher in the previous semester with no final grade lower than 2.0 in any subject.
• No record of any violation of school policy and regulation.
• Obtained a passing grade/mark in NSTP; Practicum and Thesis subjects.
3. RESIDENT SCHOLARSHIPS
This scholarship program is designed to give financial assistance to academically deserving students who qualify for the program based on the student's performance in the immediately preceding semester.
• Full scholar is granted free tuition fee only
• Partial scholar is granted 50% discount on tuition fee only
• Currently enrolled with at least a semester residence in the Lyceum of the Philippines University.
• A 1.5 grade point average (GPA) or higher and no final grade lower than 1.75 in all subjects in the immediately preceding semester for Full Scholarship
• A 1.75 grade point average (GPA) or higher and no final grade lower than 2.0 in all subjects in the immediately preceding semester for Partial Scholarship
• Must have passed NSTP when applicable during the semester
• Carry a load of no less than 18 units for the previous and current semesters or the regular curricular load for the degree program
• No dropping/changing of any subject during the current semester
• No violation of any school policies/rules/regulations
• Submit completed application form with a copy of grades report
4. REGINA P. LAUREL SCHOLARSHIP IN ACCOUNTANCY
Established in memory of Regina Perez Laurel, former Comptroller of the Lyceum of the Philippines University.
• monthly stipend
• book allowance
• Belong to the top 5% of successful examinees in the Accounting qualifying exams,
• Pass the required interview.
• Be enrolled in at least 18 academic units per semester or as indicated in the curriculum.
• With a final grade not lower than 2.0 in any Accounting subject
• With a semestral general weighted average of at least 2.0 with no failing grade in any other subject.
5. MAYOR'S SCHOLARSHIP
The scholarship provides an avenue for the development, promotion and recognition of academic excellence, talents, and skills among students of General Trias. Scholars are to be recommended by the current Municipal Mayor.
Free tuition and miscellaneous fees are available to five (5) students every year which is renewable every semester subject to the following conditions:
• Shall carry a load of not less than what is required in the curriculum
• Must obtain a grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 or higher
• Must have no final grade lower than 2.25 in any subject
• Shall not enjoy dual scholarships
• Shall abide by the rules and regulations as stated in the Student Handbook
II. FINANCIAL AID / GRANT
1. ATHLETIC GRANT
• Full tuition grants available to 70 athletes if qualified for a varsity team, renewable every semester and summer, upon the recommendation of the Athletic Director.
• The grantee must be enrolled in at least 12 units for the semester and must have passed 60% of units enrolled in.
2. DANCE TROUPE/ CHORALE GRANT
• 50% tuition fee discounts are granted to 20 qualified members of the Lyceum Dance Troupe and Chorale upon the recommendation of the Dance Troupe/Chorale Director.
• The grantee must have no failing grade and must carry load of not less than 12 units in the present and previous semesters.
3. TUITION FEE DISCOUNTS FOR SIBLINGS
LPU offers the following discounts on tuition fees for two or more siblings enrolled during the same term:
• 2 siblings : 20%
• 3 siblings : 40%
• 4 siblings : 60%
• 5 or more : 100%
4. ALUMNI – LYCEUM EDUCATIONAL ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (A-LEAP)
Lyceum alumni are entitled to a 30% discount on tuition fees upon their enrollment at the College of Law or the Graduate School. 15% discount is given to second coursers in the baccalaureate level. They may also avail of a 15% discount on tuition fees for their sons/daughters once every semester.
5. EXTERNAL SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMS IMPLEMENTED THROUGH LYCEUM
• Presidential Decree 577
• Philippine Veterans Administration Office (PVAO)
• Pathways to Higher Education
• U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Education Program