This school is included under the "Universal Access to Quality Tertiary Education" law that passed in 2017.
The law covers students enrolled in State and Local universities/colleges in Bachelors and Certificate programs.
Under the Law students in accredited State and Local universities/colleges will not pay any tuition fees or misc fee.
The Law covers only first time students (students who don't already have a college degree).
However, the full implementation of this law is not clear yet.
₱ 14,000-26,000 per year
₱ 5,600-9,200 per year
Based on the FindUniversity.ph Weighted Board Exams Ranking
|Rank in Zamboanga del Norte
||2nd out of 2 schools
|Rank in Zamboanga Peninsula
||3rd out of 7 schools
|Rank in Philippines
||195 out of 273 schools
Centers of Development
Board Exams Performance
Displaying the passing rates of First Time Examinees only.
Based on the results of the past 4 exams of each board exam.
||Passing Rates (First Timers)
||Rank in Philippines
Address: Jose Rizal Memorial State University, Governor Guading Adaza Street, Sta. Cruz,
Dapitan City, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines, 7101
Scholarships at JRMSU Dapitan City
Students who graduated as valedictorian or salutatorian from public or recognized private high school are awarded entrance scholarships. This consists of free tuition fee for valedictorian and 50% discount on tuition fee for salutatorian for one semester only. Provided, that they belong to a graduating class of at least fourty (40) students. Miscellaneous fees have to be paid by the student.
The University provides tuition fee privileges to deserving students who have exemplary academic performance.
1. President's List - he/she shall enjoy full free tuition fee with P500 monthly allowance chargeable to the income of the University.
2. Administrator's List - he/she shall enjoy full free tuition fee.
3. Dean's List - he/she shall enjoy 50% tuition fee discount.
In case the honor student is a recipient of other scholarship, he/she must choose only one scholarship and other privileges granted.
Other Scholarships & Financial Assistance Program: Other scholarships of the University are categorized into the following:
1. Private Scholarships. These are funded by private benefactor's establishments and institutions who willingly shoulder the tuition and miscellaneous fees of the recipients. The admission and retention guidelines and policies are exclusively set by the benefactor's/sponsors.
2. Government Scholarships. These are scholarships provided by the government through it's agencies and other institutions.
3. Institutional Scholarships. These are scholarships provided by the University which the grantees are subjected to institutional guidelines. These include the members of the Dance Troupe, Choristers, the University Drum and Lyre Corps, SSG Officers, Varsity Players and the like.
Children of faculty of the University taking undergraduate courses shall be entitled to fifty percent (50%) discount on tuition fee while children of administrative staff shall be entitled to seventy-five (75%) discount on tuition fee to be availed for four years of study in the University.
The State University provides a student program assistance to a limited number of students who are unable to finance their studies. Assistance is awarded to deserving students with high scholastic achievement, and who are industrious and with exemplary character. Students desiring to be student assistants should apply to the Office of Student Affairs. Available opportunities are office works and janitorial activities.