₱ 40,000-84,000 per year
₱ 26,000-28,000 per year
₱ 28,000-32,000 per year
Based on the FindUniversity.ph Weighted Board Exams Ranking
|Rank in Iloilo
||3rd out of 8 schools
|Rank in Western Visayas
||5th out of 20 schools
|Rank in Philippines
||61 out of 273 schools
Centers of Excellence
Centers of Development
Board Exams Performance
Displaying the passing rates of First Time Examinees only.
Based on the results of the past 4 exams of each board exam.
||Passing Rates (First Timers)
||Rank in Philippines
Address: Central Philippine University, Lopez Jaena St., Jaro, Iloilo City, 5000 Iloilo
Scholarships at Central Philippine University
A. University Scholarships
1. Entrance Scholarships
• Valedictorian – full free tuition for the entire school year and until second year subject to grade requirement and P3,000.00 book allowance per semester, subject to grade requirement.
• Salutatorian – half free tuition for the entire school year and until second year subject to grade requirement and P1,500.00 book allowance per semester, subject to grade requirement.
• With Honors – one third free tuition for the entire school year, and until second year subject to grade requirement (40 slots only, applicants must submit requirements and take the qualifying examination for ranking on May 10, 2013 (Friday), 10:00A.M., Educational Media Center (EMC) Conference Room)
In order to continue availing the privileges, the grade requirements are:
- Tuition - A grade of not lower than 2.0 in all subjects and/or a Grade Point Average (GPA) of not lower than 1.63
- Book Allowance - A grade of not lower than 2.25 in all subjects and a Grade Point Average (GPA) of not lower than 1.63
- Original Certification with school seal from the Principal that she/he is an honor student specifying the number of graduates (for Valedictorian and Salutatorian: at least 40 graduates, if less than 40, an applicant must take the scholarship qualifying examination).
- Photocopy of good moral certificate.
- Photocopy of High School Card.
2. Continuing Entrance Scholarships
Continuing Entrance scholars may continue to avail full tuition (regardless of the form of scholarship previously enjoyed – i.e. Valedictorian, salutatorian or freshmen with honors) until fourth/fifth year as long as the scholars have a grade point average of not lower than 1.63 provided he/she has no grade lower than 2.25 in all subjects for the semester. The first and second semesters’ grades during the second year are the bases for the continuance of scholarship in the first semester of third year.
B. Other University – Funded Scholarships
1. College of Theology (1st Yr.-50% tuition; 2nd Yr.-75% tuition; 3rd Yr.-100% tuition, 4th & 5th Yrs.-full tuition and fees (CPBC members only) contact the College Dean
2. CPU Sari-Saot (tuition discount)
3. Central Echo
4. Free tuition for Faculty and Staff Dependents
5. Free tuition for CPBC Workers and Pastors’ Kids
6. Half free tuition for IMH Dependents
7. University Symphonic Band (contact the Band Director at Fine Arts Building at Tel. No. 329-1971 local 2128) – with categories: A- full tuition and fees and B – full tuition (maximum of 21 units only in all categories).
8. Athletics (contact the Sports Director at Sports Office, Covered Gym at Tel. No. 329-1971 local 2155) – with categories: A – full tuition and fees, A1 – full tuition and half miscellaneous fees, B – full tuition and C – half tuition (maximum of 21 units only in all categories)
9. Grants-In-Aid of P4,000.00 per semester for Freshmen CPBC Members (recommendation from CPBC General Secretary is required).
C. Scholarships and Grants-In-Aid
1. Academic Scholarships (P4,500.00/sem) after 3 semesters of study at CPU
2. Other Grants-In-Aid (P4,000/sem) after 1 semester of study at CPU
Note: Filing of application form for Grants-In-Aid and Academic Scholarship starts every first week of November of the current year and ends every last week of January of the following year. Applicants must be aware of the announcements for the interview.
3. Work-Student Study Program (WSSP):
Deadline of application - March 29, 2013. (For more information, contact the WSSP Coordinator at Tel. No. 329-1971 local 1063 at Franklin Hall)
4. Other Externally Funded Scholarships:
• Government Scholarships (CHED, Iloilo City Government Scholarship, DOST, PVAO and GSIS) - application is directly made at the respective agencies
• Private Agencies and Associations’ Scholarships - application is directly made at the respective agencies or associations
• Individual Donors – scholars are chosen by the respective Donors or by the Scholarship Committee