This school is included under the "Universal Access to Quality Tertiary Education" law that passed in 2017.
The law covers students enrolled in State and Local universities/colleges in Bachelors and Certificate programs.
Under the Law students in accredited State and Local universities/colleges will not pay any tuition fees or misc fee.
The Law covers only first time students (students who don't already have a college degree).
However, the full implementation of this law is not clear yet.
₱ 8,000-12,000 per year
₱ per year₱ 300 per unit
Based on the FindUniversity.ph Weighted Board Exams Ranking
|Rank in Catanduanes
||1st out of 1 schools
|Rank in Bicol Region
||3rd out of 17 schools
|Rank in Philippines
||88 out of 273 schools
Centers of Development
Board Exams Performance
Displaying the passing rates of First Time Examinees only.
Based on the results of the past 4 exams of each board exam.
||Passing Rates (First Timers)
||Rank in Philippines
Address: Catanduanes State University, Calatagan, Virac, Catanduanes.
Scholarships at Catanduanes State University
In order to benefit from the scholarships offered in the CSC, qualified students must submit their applications together with the requirements during the time of enrolment/registration. Except for valid reasons, failure on the part of any scholar applicant to file the application with the supporting evidences on time shall mean forfeiture of his rights to the scholarship.
A. Entrance Scholarship
New students or freshmen who fall under the following categories are considered entrance scholars.
1. High school valedictorian in a class of not less than fifty (50) students, free tuition for one whole semester of full scholarship.
2. High school salutatorian in class of not less than fifty (50) students, free tuition for one whole semester of full scholarship.
A student who meets the above-mentioned qualification must apply for entrance scholarship upon enrolment by presenting his Form 138-A (Fourth Year) and a certification as to the size of the graduating class and honors obtained from the high school principal or head of the secondary school where he graduated.
Entrance scholars may become college or academic scholars upon meeting the qualifying average rating at the end of the semester.
B. College of Academic Scholarship
Tudents who obtained high average ratings during the proceeding term attended in the CSC are granted college or academic scholarship upon notifying the college registrar during the registration period, and under the following conditions.
1. Full scholarship or free for one whole semester for a rating of 1.25 or better and a qualifying grade of not less than 2.0 in any academic subjects.
2. To be entitled to College or academic scholarship, the student must have carried an academic load of not less than 18 units, or that which is prescribed in the curriculum of his course for the semester when the average rating was earned.
3. Average will be computed on the basis of the grades as given by each subject instructor and reflected on the grading sheets and permanent records.
4. A committee composed of the respective College Dean/In-charge of the college as chairman, the Coordinator of Student Affairs (CSA) and the Registration and Admission Officer as members shall determine the scholarship.
C. Scholarship for Student Editors
The Editor-in-Chief of the official student publication of the CSC enjoy one hundred (100) percent free tuition, the associate editor and the news editor, respectively fifty (50) percent free tuition during their term of office provided, however, that they shall have carried the regular academic load, or that which is prescribed for the term.
Student editors are selected through a competitive examination given to bonafide students of the CSC who are interested in the editorship of the CSC paper.
D. Special Scholarship
1. Four or more brothers and sisters enrolled in the collegiate level - one student having the highest payable account for is granted free tuition fee for the whole term.
2. Three brothers and sisters enrolled in the collegiate level - one student having the highest payable account for tuition enjoys half tuition fee for the whole term.
E. CHILDREN OF SANGGUNIANG BARANGAY OFFICIALS, KB CHAIRMAN AND OTHER OFFICIALS
Under the provision of the local government code and MECS Order No. 29, s. 1983, CHED Order No. 62, s. 1997 children of Sangguniang Barangay Officials, Lupong Tagapamayapa, KB Chairman and Officers are entitled to free tuition privilege in the CSC subject to submission of all admission requirements.
F. Special Scholarship
1. 100% free tuition for student members of the Society Performing Arts who have been given directional assignment.
2. 50% free tuition for student-members of the Society of Performing Arts who have been a member of the Society for at least one (1) semester prior to the granting of this assistance, has actively participated as actor, dancer, singer and other activities of the Society and must have attended regularly the meeting and other functions of the Society.
3. 100 % free tuition for athletes or players of individual or group games, has participated and/or is qualified to compete in national games recognized by either the DECS or CHED.
4. 100% free tuition for members of the CSC band and/or drum and bugle corps.
5. 100% free tuition for presidents of the Supreme Student Council (SSC) and Student Body Organization (SBO) of the different collegiate departments.
6. 100% free tuition for the corps commander of the CSC ROTC unit.
7. 50% tuition privilege for senior cadet officers of the ROTC unit of the CSC who have previously undertaken the COCC/COQC training effective 1998.