Type of school: State University
Religious affiliation: Nonsectarian
Term type: Semester (2 terms per year)
Entrance exam: Required
Gender admission: Men & Women
₱ 40,000-50,000 per year
₱ 8,400-30,000 per year
Courses offered at UP Los Banos:
Based on the FindUniversity.ph Weighted Board Exams Ranking
|Rank in Laguna
||1 out of 11 schools
|Rank in Calabarzon
||1 out of 35 schools
|Rank in Philippines
||3 out of 259 schools
Centers of Excellence and Development:
Board exams performance:
Displaying the passing rates of First Timers only
(does not include people who took the exam for the 2nd or 3rd time).
Based on the results of past 4 exams
of each board exam.
|Rank in Philippines
|Licensure Exam for Secondary Teacher
||of 1167 schools
|Electrical Engineer Licensure Exam
||of 145 schools
|Forester Licensure Exam
||of 35 schools
|Nutritionist-Dietitian Licensure Exam
||of 31 schools
|Agriculturist Licensure Exam
||of 170 schools
|Civil Engineering Licensure Exam
||of 203 schools
|Agricultural Engineer Board Exam
||of 45 schools
|Veterinarian Licensure Exam
||of 20 schools
|Chemistry Licensure Exam
||of 34 schools
|Environmental Planner Licensure Exam
||of 43 schools
|Real Estate Broker Licensure Examination
||of 286 schools
|Master Plumber Licensure Exam
||of 112 schools
|Chemical Engineer Licensure Exam
||of 33 schools
|Real Estate Appraiser Licensure Exam
||of 164 schools
University of the Philippines Los Banos
Lopez Avenue Los Baños, 4030 Laguna
Scholarships at UP Los Banos:
A. Undergraduate Scholarships
1. Abono Partylist Agricultural Development Scholarship Grant (Abono)
2. Agribiz Travellers Inc. Veterinary Undergraduate Scholarship Grant (Agribiz)
3. BASF Agricultural Research Foundation Inc. Scholarship Grant (BASF)
4. Dan Minnick Scholarship Grant (Dan Minnick)
5. Estores, Tiauzon & Angeles Memorial Undergrad. Scholarship Grant
6. Foundation For Philippine Progress Undergrad. Fellowship Grant (FPPI)
7. Fostering Education & Environment For Development, Inc. Thesis Research (FEED)
8. Francisco J. Nicolas Scholarship (FJ)
9. Go Kim Pah Scholarship Grant (GKP)
10. Health, Education, Environment & Discipleship Foundation (HEED)
11. Masako & Hiromitsu Katoh Veterinary Undergrad.Scholarship (Masako)
12. Menzi Program For Research & Training Scholarship (Menzi)
13. National Cockers Association Undergrad Student Scholarship Grant (NCA)
14. Nescafe Coffee University Of The Philippines Scholarship Program (Nescafe CUPS)
15. Philchema Scholarship Grant (Philchema)
16. Philippine Canine Club, Inc. Scholarship Grant (PCCI)
17. Philippine Geothermal Prod. Co.Inc Scholarship (CHEVRON)
18. Philsan Undergraduate Scholarship Grant (Philsan)
19. Phinma Foundation Undergrad. Scholarship Grant (Phinma)
20. Rebisco Foundation's Fin. Assistance For Tertiary Education (Rebisco)
21. Sugar Regulatory Administration Scholarship Study Grant (SRA)
22. Univet Nutrition & Animal Healthcare Co. Und. Scholarship Grant (Univet)
23. UP Varrons Undergraduate Thesis Grant (UP Varrons)
24. Vicente B. Bello Scholarship Program (VBBSP) 
25. Venerable Knights Veterinarians Fraternity Scholasrhip Grant (VKV)
26. East-West Seed
27. Philippine S&T Development Foundation-Manila, Inc. (Phildev) Science & Engineering Scholarship Grants 
28. Cayo Alzona Scholarship
B. Graduate School Scholarships
DOST-ASTHRDP Scholarship Program
As a member of the National Science Consortium, UPLB (through the Graduate School) started administering the implementation of the ASTHRDP Scholarship Program of DOST effective 1st semester 2010-2011. The program grants scholarships for the master‟s and doctorate degrees, and thesis/dissertation grants for the following priority fields of study: Biological Sciences, Biotechnology, Chemical Sciences, Materials Science and Nanotechnology, Pure and Applied Mathematics, Pure and Applied Physics, Health and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Information and Communications Technology, Earth, Atmospheric & Space Sciences, Agriculture, Forestry & Natural Resources, Fisheries & Marine Science, and Environmental Sciences.
The scholarship aims to improve the country's global competitiveness and capability to innovate, through alternative approaches on human resource development in S&T; and to accelerate the production of high-level human resources needed for S&T activities particularly in the area of Research and Development.
Asia Pacific Scholarship Consortium
Masters Scholarships for Individuals
From Myanmar, Cambodia, Thailand and Lao PDR
The Asia Pacific Scholarship Consortium is an informal network of universities in Thailand, Hong Kong, Malaysia and the Philippines that aims to facilitate scholarships in high quality postgraduate courses for individuals from Myanmar, Cambodia, Thailand and Lao PDR who require financial support to study. The Consortium was established in 2007.
All applications must be submitted by November 15, 2011. No late applications will be accepted.
RESEARCH & INTERNSHIPS
Successful students will be eligible to apply for an APSC Research Grant to conduct master's research in their home countries, under the guidance of a university advisor. Also, APSC graduates may apply for the APSC Internship Program. Interns will be placed in organizations and institutions within the Southeast Asia region for a period of 1-6 months, so as to further develop skills acquired during formal degree study.
APSC is a full scholarship program, so successful applicants will not be required to contribute any of their own money. The following costs will be fully covered at a basic level under the award:
• Academic tuition and mandatory fees for the duration of the course, including examination and thesis costs.
• A monthly stipend for room and board, and living expenses sufficient for a single student. There will be no support for students' families.
• Basic medical insurance for the duration of study.
• Support for educational supplies and materials.
• Transport for the student to travel one time from their home to the campus and to return at the end of the program.
• All costs related to securing and maintaining a student visa for the duration of study.
• Professional development fund available to cover support for academic development such as computer, attendance of academic conferences or subscription to journals.
• Full support to attend the annual APSC Student Conference for one weekend each year.
• Research and internship funding will be available on a competitive basis for students who wish to undertake thesis research in their home country or work as interns in a different country.
• Hold an undergraduate degree at the time of application deadline with an excellent academic record;
• Be a citizen of and currently living in home country (Myanmar, Cambodia, Thailand or Lao PDR);
• Have experience working in at least one of the fields listed above in home country;
• Be proficient in English;
• Be committed to returning to home country after completion of the program to continue work and impart knowledge gained during studies.
To provide opportunities and scholarships for high quality, post-graduate study in fields relevant to the development of the Mekong Sub Region, for individuals who demonstrate both academic and professional excellence and potential to become leaders in the following fields:
• Community Health
• Humanities & Social Sciences
• Policy, Law & Administration
• Social Work
Successful students will study at prestigious international universities in Hong Kong, Thailand, Malaysia or the Philippines. Scholars will undertake masters degrees by coursework. Courses typically take one to two years to complete. Scholars must complete the course within the specified time period on a full time basis.
3. DA BAR Thesis / Dissertation Grant
Open to all Filipino graduate students who will conduct thesis/dissertation on the thematic areas of organic agriculture, namely: crop, livestock, and fish production; crops, soils, and pest management; organic food quality; post harvest and food processing; comparison or specific trait (s) or organic food; socio-economic studies; policy studies/analysis and governance; and related fields. Wet research will be allotted a maximum of PhP 100,000 for MS and PhP 200,000 for PhD, and dry research will have an allotment of Php50,000 for MS and PhP100,000 for PhD
4. Graduate Mentoring and Apprenticeship Program
GMAP stands for Graduate Mentoring and Apprenticeship Program. The establishment of the GMAP was approved by the UP Board of Regents during the 1221st meeting held on 28 June 2007. The program seeks to narrow the gap between science and practice and improve training of graduate students by providing a venue wherein they can work closely with accomplished and experienced U.P. Faculty in instructional activities and research work. The program also seeks to address the need of UP for potential faculty members to sustain it's capacity to provide high quality education, conduct research, and implement successful extension and development programs.
The objectives of the program are to generate high quality graduates with distinctive expertise in their respective fields through a dynamic system of experiential learning for students and their effective mentoring by seasoned faculty and researchers in appropriate and relevant instruction and research settings; and develop a pool of qualified and trained potential faculty members for the university’s faculty recruitment program.
Application forms are available at the UPLB Graduate School office or view/download a copy of each form in PDF format.
Accomplished application forms and/or recommendation letters may be sent to our office through post. Due to the poor print quality of faxed documents, we will no longer accept documents sent through fax.
If you are experiencing problems downloading our forms please contact us through email and we'll be happy to send you a copy of our forms. Please indicate if you wish us to send it either through email as attachment or through post (indicating postal address you wish the forms to be sent).