Type of school: Private University
Religious affiliation: Nonsectarian
Term type: Trimester (3 terms per year)
Entrance exam: Not required
Gender admission: Men & Women
₱ 51,000-60,000 per year
₱ 31,000-68,000 per year
Courses offered at University of the Cordilleras:
Based on the FindUniversity.ph Weighted Board Exams Ranking
|Rank in Benguet
||2 out of 7 schools
|Rank in Cordillera Administrative Region
||2 out of 8 schools
|Rank in Philippines
||41 out of 259 schools
Centers of Excellence and Development:
Board exams performance:
Displaying the passing rates of First Timers only
(does not include people who took the exam for the 2nd or 3rd time).
Based on the results of past 4 exams
of each board exam.
|Rank in Philippines
|Criminologists Licensure Exam
|Sanitary Engineer Licensure Exam
|Electronics Technicians Board Exam
|Licensure Exam for Elementary Teacher
|Nurses Licensure Exam
|Licensure Exam for Secondary Teacher
|Architect Licensure Exam
|CPA Licensure Exam
|Civil Engineering Licensure Exam
|Real Estate Broker Licensure Examination
|Master Plumber Licensure Exam
|Real Estate Appraiser Licensure Exam
|Licensure Exam for Psychometricians
|Electronics Engineer (ECE) Licensure Exam
University of the Cordilleras
Governor Pack Road, Baguio City, Philippines 2600
Scholarships at University of the Cordilleras:
I. Academic Discounts
1. Group Discount for Siblings
A 10% discount on tuition fee only is given to students who have siblings enrolled at the University of the Cordilleras.
2. Entrance Scholars:
Students enrolling in UC for the first time can avail of entrance scholarships.
• Graduated Valedictorian in High School - 100% tuition fee discount
• Graduated Salutatorian in High School - 75% tuition fee discount
Conditions for Entrance Scholarships
An entrance scholarship is enjoyed for up to three (3) successive trimesters during the same school year.
II. Academic Scholars
Academic scholarships are automatically determined by the administration, based on the official report of grades submitted by the instructors. The student need not apply for it. The scholar will be informed by the College Dean and appropriately honored during a Recognition Program.
1. Foundation Scholar
A foundation scholar should have a weighted average not lower than 96.00%. The Foundation scholar will enjoy a full 100 percent discount on tuition and miscellaneous fees.
2. College Scholar
A foundation scholar should have a general weighted average not lower than 93.0% to95.99%. The College scholar will enjoy a full 100% discount on tuition fee only.
3. Dean's List
The student on the Dean's list should have a General weighted average not lower than 90.0% to 92.99%. Students who are in the Dean's list will enjoy a 30% discount on tuition fee only.
To be qualified to any of the Academic Scholarship grants, the following are the conditions:
• The student carried not less than eighteen (18) units, excluding Military Science under the Reserve Officers Training Corps. (ROTC), and NSTP.
• The student has no failing grade in any subject, including Military Science and NSTP.
• The student has not been given a final grade of "dropped", "incomplete" or "no grade", "no credit" in any subject.
On the other hand, students shall not be entitled to academic scholarship benefits even if they obtaina general average of 90% or higher during the semester immediately proceeding:
• Those pursuing a Master's degree program although enrolled in one subject therein, who at the same time are also enrolled in nursing.
• Those who have finished a Baccalaureate course and pursue another under graduate course, except Bachelor of Laws;
• A student who has already pursued another majorfield for more than two semesters.
Academic scholarship benefits shall apply onlyto the academic subjects in the course you are pursuing provided you meet the necessary requirements during the trimester immediately preceding. If the student takes up subjects that pertain to another course at the same time, the scholarship benefits shall not apply to those subjects.
Students who have earned academic scholarships due to their good performance in any previous trimester term are recognized during appropriate ceremonies held at the beginning of the next ensuing trimester term. They are given their appropriate certificates entitling them to the remission of tuitionand other fees.
Fee remissions are subject to the following rules:
They shall be effective for a term of one (1) trimesteronly.
They shall be forfeited if:
• they are availed of during the term for which they are granted;
• the scholar is the subject of a disciplinary measure.
Academic scholarships are automatically determined by the administration, based on the official reportof grades submitted by the instructors. The student need not apply for it. The scholar will be informed bythe College Dean and appropriately honored during a Recognition Program.
III. Assistantship & Policies
1. Student Assistanship
The Student Assistantship is granted to students who are financially handicapped but deserving and intellectually capable students. The program is intended to assist the students pursue their college education by working in the different offices of the University.
Student Assistants shall have the following benefits/ privileges:
• 100% discounts on tuition and miscellaneous fees.
• Monthly allowance.
• Personal, professional and spiritual developmental activities.
In order to maintain their scholarship, a Student Assistant (SA) must:
• Enroll a maximum of 18 units per trimester.
• Should not incur a failing mark, no INC, and dropped subjects in any of the enrolled subjects.
• Have a satisfactory performance rating and through a favorable recommendation from the office head.
IX. Special Scholarships
For Incoming Freshmen
1. Benjamin Romero Salvosa Scholarship
2. Libertad D. Quetulio Memorial Scholarship
3. Evangelina D. Salvosa Memorial Scholarship
4. Gary D. Salvosa Memorial Scholarship
5. Runy & Linda Sarda Scholarship
6. Lea Leoncia Garcia Memorial Scholarship
7. Mateo Scholarship
8. Skip Brown & Family Scholarship
9. Willy N. Gan Scholarship Foundation
Entrance Scholarship for Incoming Freshmen
1. Valedictorian (100% on Tuition & Misc Fees for One School Year)
2. Salutatorian (100% on Tuition Fees for One School Year)
3. First Honorable Mention (90% on Tuition for One Term)
4. Second Honorable Mention (80% on Tuition for One Term)
5. Third Honorable Mention (70% on Tuition for One Term)
6. Fourth Honorable Mention (60% on Tuition for One Term)
7. Fifth Honorable Mention (50% on Tuition for One Term)
8. Sixth Honorable Mention (40% on Tuition for One Term)
9. Seventh Honorable Mention (30% on Tuition for One Term)
10. Eight Honorable Mention (20% on Tuition for One Term)
11. Ninth Honorable Mention (10% on Tuition for One Term)
12. First in Science (100% on Tuition for One Term)
13. First in Mathematics (100% on Tuition for One Term)
14. First in English (100% on Tuition for One Term)
15. Editor-in-Chief (100% on Tuition for One Term)
16. Associate Editor-in-Chief (100% on Tuition for One Term)
17. Student Government President (100% on Tuition for One Term)
18. Student Government Vice-President (100% on Tuition for One Term)
Entrance Scholarships for Graduate Students
1. Summa Cum Laude (100% on Tuition and Misc. Fees for One School Year)
2. Magna Cum Laude (100% on Tuition for One School Year)
3. Cum Laude (50% on Tuition for One School Year)
Special Scholarship Rewards
1. Athletic/Varsity Scholarship Reward (75% to 100% on Tuition as per Periodic Ranking Assessment)
2. Performing Arts/Cultural Scholarship Reward (75% to 100% on School Fees as per Periodic Ranking Assessment)