Semesters per year)
Bachelor's degree P 42,000-48,000 per semester
Master's degree P 22,500 per semester
Type of school: Private University
Gender admission: Men & Women
Religious affiliation: Catholic
COURSES OFFERED AT UNIVERSITY OF SANTO TOMAS:
DORMS AT UNIVERSITY OF SANTO TOMAS:
There are plenty of dormitories, boarding houses, and apartments within the vicinity of UST. Students particularly find renting a place near the university quite practical. Since classes normally get suspended due to floods, Thomasians find it a treat to be able to go home immediately upon learning that classes have been cancelled. Developers are presently capitalizing on having townhouses and condominiums near UST because they know that the school remains to be a top choice among those who want to have affordable and good quality education. Some of the establishments near UST are the España Grand Residences, University Tower 2, Crown Tower University Belt, etcetera.
SCHOLARSHIPS AT UNIVERSITY OF SANTO TOMAS:
There is a great variety of scholarships available at the University, classified under the following four categories:
1. Santo Tomas Scholarship (Academic Scholarship)
- (for high school valedictorians and salutatorians) awarded upon enrollment and will continuously be enjoyed for as long as the recipient maintains the required grade average.
2. San Martin de Porres Scholarship (Equity Scholarship)
- for poor but academically deserving students. An applicant must obtain a high school average of at least 85% and belongs to a family whose gross annual income does not exceed P75,000.00 per annum.
3. Santo Domingo de Guzman Scholarship (Special Scholarship)
- is a scholarship granted to gifted and talented students like University athletes, members of the UST Band, UST Symphony Orchestra, Coro Tomasino, Salinggawi Dance Troupe, etc. The requiements for admission and retention of scholars shall be according to the rules set by the college/department or faculty/group administering the scholarship.
4. San Lorenzo Ruiz Scholarship (Service Scholarship) -
Working scholarship wherein students work for the university for a certain number of hours. In return, they are granted free tution and other fees as well as a corresponding allowance.
Other scholarships are offered by the respective colleges for those who qualified based on the criteria specified.
No scholar can enjoy more than one scholarship at any given time in and out of the University. Once disqualified, the student can not be reinstated to the same scholarship scheme. Violation of any of the provisions of the student handbook shall constitute a ground for forfeiture of scholarship.
Students enjoying PVAO and USVA education benefits shall be admitted if they submit complete papers upon enrollment.
Applicant with pre-paid tuition-and-fees plans may also enroll on such arrangements for as long as they pass all the requirements for admission.
University of Santo Tomas
Espana Blvd., Sampaloc, Manila, 1008 Metro Manila