Type of school: Catholic Private University
Religious affiliation: Catholic
Term type: Semester (2 terms per year)
Entrance exam: Required
Gender admission: Men & Women
₱ 50,000-60,000 per year
₱ 41,000-63,000 per year
Courses offered at USJ-R:
Based on the FindUniversity.ph Weighted Board Exams Ranking
|Rank in Cebu
||4 out of 11 schools
|Rank in Central Visayas
||9 out of 17 schools
|Rank in Philippines
||97 out of 259 schools
Centers of Excellence and Development:
Board exams performance:
Displaying the passing rates of First Timers only
(does not include people who took the exam for the 2nd or 3rd time).
Based on the results of past 4 exams
of each board exam.
|Rank in Philippines
|Nurses Licensure Exam
|Electronics Technicians Board Exam
|Librarian Licensure Examination
|Environmental Planner Licensure Exam
|Master Electrician Licensure Exam
|Licensure Exam for Elementary Teacher
|CPA Licensure Exam
|Real Estate Appraiser Licensure Exam
|Licensure Exam for Secondary Teacher
|Real Estate Broker Licensure Examination
|Electrical Engineer Licensure Exam
|Mechanical Engineer Licensure Exam
|Licensure Exam for Psychometricians
|Civil Engineering Licensure Exam
|Master Plumber Licensure Exam
|Electronics Engineer (ECE) Licensure Exam
University of San Jose-Recoletos
Magallanes Street, Cebu City, 6000 Cebu
Scholarships at USJ-R:
A. HONOR GRADUATES OF THE PUBLIC AND RECOGNIZED PRIVATE SCHOOLS
1. Valedictorians in a class of at least 50 students are exempted from tuition fees for the first two semesters only. Valedictorians in a class of less than 50 students are exempted from the tuition fees for one semester only.
2. Salutatorians in a class of at least 40 students are allowed a discount of 75 percent of the regular tuition fees for one semester only.
B. ACADEMIC SCHOLARSHIP
For all colleges except Law and Graduate School
1. Free tuition for one semester for students with an average of 1.0 - 1.2 with no grade of less than 2.0 in any subject in the preceding semester, except P.E. And ROTC, provided they are enrolled in at least 15 academic units.
2. 75 percent discount on tuition fees for one semester for students with an average of 1.21 - 1.30; with no grade less than 2.5 in any subject in the preceding semester except P.E. And ROTC. They must be enrolled in at least 15 academic units.
3. 50 percent discount on tuition fees for one semester for students with an average of 1.31 - 1.40; with no grade lower than 3.0 in any subject in the preceding semester except P.E. And ROTC. They must be enrolled in at least 15 academic units.
College of Law
4. In the College of Law, freshmen may enjoy full scholarship of they graduated from their undergraduate courses Summa or Magna Cum Laude, and a one school year partial scholarship (50 percent) if they graduated Cum Laude from their undergraduate course.
5. Full scholarship will be given to law students in their second, third and fourth year classes based on their records during the previous school year provided that their average is not less than 1.45.
6. Based on their records during the previous school year law students with an average of not less than 1.75, in the second, third and fourth year classes shall be given 50 percent scholarship award.
C. SPONSORED SCHOLARSHIP
1. Metrobank Foundation•
2. AD Gothong•
3. SM Foundation•
4. GSIS Scholarship•
5. DOST Scholarship•
7. Alumni Scholarship•
• for full details about these scholarships, please refer to RPSC Office.
D. NON-ACADEMIC SCHOLARSHIP
1. Athletic Scholarship - Athletic scholarship are discretionary in terms of qualifications and procedures based on the needs and resources of the school.
2. Athletic Scholarship - Athletic scholarship are discretionary in terms of qualifications and procedures based on the needs and resources of the school.
3. Band Members - Band Members who desire to study in USJ-R are granted full scholarship. They continue to enjoy this privilege in the succeeding semester/year if they pass all their subjects.
Members who do not desire to study in USJ-R may recommend one of their relatives to enjoy full scholarship. The recommended relatives continue to enjoy this privilege in the succeeding year if they pass in all their subjects. Members who fail to meet the basic requirements may be granted partial or full scholarship only upon the recommendation of the Vice-President for Student Welfare
4. Forward Staffer - The scholarship privileges granted to the staffers of the The Forward (USJ-R's official student publication) serve as their honoraria for services of working hours rendered in the entire planning, processing and circulation of the The Forward issues.
The following discounts on matriculation as well as tuition fees are given to them based on the nature and degree of responsibilities and commitment of their position:
Editor-in-Chief - 100 %
Associate Editor - 75 %
Section Editor - 50 %
Circulation Manager - 50 %
Other Typists - 50 %
5. Dramatics Guild - The scholarship privileges granted to deserving members of the USJ-R Dramatics Guild are based on the following criteria:
• Special talent of the student in the field of acting, dancing, singing or playing particular instruments;
• Loyalty and dedication to the goals of the guild; Economic needs; Indispensability; Seniority; and Efficiency.
• The equivalent of not more than ten (10) full scholarship grants is available every semester. In case of failures, a corresponding deduction will be determined by the administration upon the recommedation of the adviser.
• Recipients of the scholarship benefits must be full time bonafide students of USJ-R taking up a regular load of at least 15 units per semester term.
• Members who fail to live up to the standards and goals of the USJ-R Dramatics Guild lose all their rights to the scholarship benefits after due process of investigation and evaluation by the adviser and ultimate approval of the administration.
6. Dance Troupe - The scholarship privileges granted to deserving members of the USJ-R Adelante Dance Troupe are based on the following criteria:
• Special talent of the student in the field of acting and dancing; Loyalty and dedication to the goals of the troupe; Indispensability; Economic needs; and Efficiency.
• Ten scholarship grants are available to deserving USJ-R Adelante Dance Troupe members every semester to be apportioned according to determining percentages.
• In case of failures, a corresponding deduction will be determined by the administration upon recommendation by the adviser.
• Recipients of the scholarship benefits must be full time bonafide students of USJ-R. Members who fail to live up to the standards and goals of the Adelante Dance Troupe lose all their rights to the scholarship benefits after due process of investigation and evaluation by the adviser and ultimate approval of the administration.
7. Recollect Educational Assistance for Deserving Students (READS)
• Photocopy of NSAT result - Percentile will be prescribed by the READS Coordinator (original copy has to be presented for verification)
• Photocopy of Latest report card (no grade lower than 80 or 2.5)
• Photocopy of Latest Income Tax Return of parents or BIR certification that the income did not reach the taxable amount.
• Letter of application addressed to the READS Coordinator
E. SCHOLARSHIP BASED ON BLOOD RELATIONS:
Special students are those who are not qualified for college work, but are nevertheless admitted into the university because they have sufficient abilities to benefit from lectures and classroom recitation. As such they are not entitled to receive official credit for their work.
Brothers & Sisters
• Two students - one with the lower tuition fee gets 10% discount
• Three students- one with the lowest tuition fee gets 30% discount
• Four students - one with the lowest tuition fee gets 50% discount
• Five students - one with the lowest tuition fee gets 75% discount
• Six students - one with the lowest tuition fee gets 100% discount
F. GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIP
All government mandated scholarships are fully implemented by the university. The university also honors all other kinds of scholarships offered by the government to qualified students. The student is advised to refer either to the Department of Education, Culture and Sports (DECS) regional office or the office of the university registrar for full details on these scholarships.