University of San Carlos
Cebu City, Cebu
Application for AY 2015/16
Business Administration courses offered at USC
1. For admission to the Master’s degree program, possession of a Bachelor’s degree or it's equivalent is required.
2. For admission to the Ph.D. Program, the M.A. /M.S. Degree (with thesis) or it's equivalent is required. Presentation of previous research output may be required.
3. A grade point average of at least 2.0 (85% or B) with no failing marks in the undergraduate coursework is needed to be eligible for admission to the Master’s degree program.
4. A grade point average of at least 1.75 (or it's equivalent) in the Master’s degree program is required for one to be eligible for admission into a Ph.D. Degree program.
5. Prospective students who do not satisfy the minimum grade requirement but who pass the Admissions Test and interview may be admitted on probation. After earning twelve (12) units of coursework, their performance shall be evaluated by a Committee composed of the Dean, Department Chair and a Professor representing the academic discipline, who will recommend them for promotion to a degree program.
6. If the Applicant’s performance in any of the tests is unsatisfactory, he/she may be admitted on probation. If the written composition is unsatisfactory and MCET is below 42 (raw score), the student is advised to take Engl 200A – Certificate Course in English.
7. Submission of Letters of Recommendation (three for Ph.D. And two for Master’s programs) from persons who can attest to the applicant’s capacity to pursue graduate work. The recommenders may be former professors and/or current work supervisors.
8. International applicants have to submit the required documents specified by the International Students Section of the university; and comply the requirements for admission to the graduate program he/she intends to pursue. For international applicants based abroad, he/she must take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Test System (IELTS) and must obtain a minimum score for both tests. The results of the examination must be presented to the International Students Section of the University.
9. Must submit the following:
• Department Application From
• Statement of Purpose
• Official Transcript of Records
• Letters of Recommendation from two former professors
• Certificate of Transfer Credentials
• Alien Certificate of Registration (for foreign students)
• 2 x 2 color photograph.
The data provided in this page was collected from University of San Carlos's website
, other internet sources, as well as by calling or emailing the school's representatives.
Last updated on September 2013.
Please read our disclaimer
. If you have found any errors or missing data, please inform us