₱ 46,000-80,000 per year
Type of school: Private University
Religious affiliation: Catholic
Term type: Semester (2 terms per year)
Entrance exam: Required
Gender admission: Men & Women
Total enrollment (AY 2013/14): 8,800 students
COURSES OFFERED AT UNIVERSITY OF SAINT LA SALLE:
University of Saint La Salle
La Salle Avenue Capitolville Subdivision, Bacolod City, 6100 Negros Occidental
SCHOLARSHIPS AT UNIVERSITY OF SAINT LA SALLE:
All undergraduate financial aid is based on need. Aid for financing graduate study is based on availability of funds and academic merit.
The Scholarship Program is administered by the Scholarships Officer under the Admissions and Scholarships Administration Office (ASAO).
Open to qualified entering Freshmen, the Scholarship Program seeks to assist financially deprived but intelligent students with leadership potentials by bringing down the current tuition rates to a level within their means.
Requirements for Freshmen Scholarships
1. CSAT result of 70 percentile or better
2. High School general average of 86 or better
3. Applicants should at least belong to the top 10% of his/her graduating class
4. Form 137-A or Transcript of Records
5. Latest Income Tax Return Form of parents
5. Letter of recommendation from the Principal/Senior Class Adviser – the form must come from the ASAO of USLS.
6. A list of extra and co-curricular activities in high school certified true by club adviser/personnel-in-charge/class adviser. A format is available at the ASAO. This may include the following:
• Membership in organizations recognized by the school • (specify position, if any) and outstanding leadership as manifested in the students’ list of extra-curricular activities.
• Participation in curricular and co-curricular activities • such as school conference, seminars and academic competitions (Math, English, Science, etc.)
7. "On-the-spot" written composition in English
8. Personal interview
All scholarships are evaluated every semester. Increase and decrease of the coverage of the grants are based on the result of the evaluation.
Student Assistanceship Program
The Student Assistanceship Program provides free tuition and miscellaneous fees for students who meet the following criteria. They may apply for grants through the Scholarships Officer:
1. Minimum of one year residence at USLS;
2. Academic performance that shows a desire and dedication to study, as well as evidence of good campus behavior;
3. A minimum grade point average of 3.0; and
4. Absence of any other scholarship grant, either internally or externally funded.
Applicants submit the following requirements:
1. Income tax returns of the applicant’s parents;
2. Letter of need signed by the parents; and
3. A recommendation from the Guidance and Evaluation Center.
Grantees are required to render at least twenty hours of service at assigned offices.