Type of school: Private College
Religious affiliation: Catholic
Term type: Semester (2 terms per year)
Entrance exam: Required
Gender admission: Men & Women
₱ 48,000-50,000 per year
Courses offered at SMCL Biñan City:
Board exams performance:
Displaying the passing rates of First Timers only
(does not include people who took the exam for the 2nd or 3rd time).
Based on the results of past 4 exams
of each board exam.
|Rank in Philippines
|Nurses Licensure Exam
||of 355 schools
|Licensure Exam for Secondary Teacher
||of 1167 schools
|Licensure Exam for Elementary Teacher
||of 1016 schools
Saint Michael's College of Laguna
Platero,Biñan 4024, Laguna
Scholarships at SMCL Biñan City:
1. PURA LIMACO ACADEMIC GRANT (PLAG)
Saint Michael’s College of Laguna, through it's Student Financial Assistance Program offers scholarships and tuition privileges to deserving students who pass the screening. Aptly called PURA LIMACO ACADEMIC GRANT (PLAG) aims to open the doors of learning to the youth of the community who are economically challenge of acquiring formal education.
2. THE PRESIDENT SCHOLARSHIP GRANT
1. Bonafide public or private high school graduates with 85% above average, qualify for the competitive examinations for the following grants:
• 1st Placer – Free tuition fees for the first four semesters in BSN, BEEd, BSBA, or AB programs in Saint Michael’s College of Laguna.
• 2nd to 5th Placers – Free tuition fees for the first two semesters in BSN, BEEd, BSBA, or AB programs in Saint Michael’s College of Laguna.
• 6th to 10th Placers - Free tuition fees for the one semester in BSN, BEEd, BSBA, or AB programs in Saint Michael’s College of Laguna.
3. LIMACO COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIP GRANT
Bonafide public or private high school graduates with 85% or above general average and NCAE GPA result of 50% and above qualify for the Limaco College Scholarship Test for the following grants:
90 – 100 - Full or 100% exemption from basic tuition fee for one semester.
80 – 89 - Half or 50% exemption from basic tuition fee for one semester.
76 – 79 - Quarter or 25% exemption from basic tuition fee for one semester.
60 – 75 - Ten or 10 % exemption from basic fee for one school year.
4. ENTRANCE SCHOLARSHIP GRANT FOR TOP TEN STUDENTS
CATEGORY / GRANT / PERIOD
• HS Valedictorian 100% free tuition fee 2 semesters
GS First Honors 100% free tuition fee 1 school yr.
• HS Salutatorian 100% free tuition fee 1 semester
GS Second Honors 50% free tuition fee 1 school yr.
• HS 3rd–10th Honors 50% free tuition fee 1 semester
GS 3rd–5th Honors 25% free tuition fee 1 school yr.
Subject to renewal upon satisfactorily complying with the academic requirement of SMCL.
5. DEAN’S HONORS LIST
The Dean’s Honors List is published at the end of every semester of each academic year to give recognition to students’ outstanding scholastic achievement. To qualify for the Dean’s Honors List, a student should:
A. Carry the full load required including NSTP and zero credit courses unless the taking of a lighter was due to justifiable reasons and duly approved by the Registrar and School Dean;
B. Not have a grade below 2.0 in any subject including P.E., NSTP and Computer;
C. Not have a failure in any course including ORDEV, NSTP and any zero credit course;
D. Not have been involved / investigated of any misdemeanor or meted any disciplinary action
• 1.00 to 1.40 = 100% Tuition Fee Discount
• 1.41 to 1.60 = 50% Tuition Fee Discount
The student must maintain the GPA requirement and qualify with the above stated criteria to maintain the Dean’s Honor List tuition privilege.
6. ENROLL IN AB PROGRAM
Anyone (new or transferee) who will enroll in AB Program is automatically given the 25% discount on tuition fee subject to renewal every semester upon satisfactorily complying with the following criteria:
• The student must have a GPA of 2.5 or higher.
• The student must have no derogatory record on and off campus;
• The student must not have a grade of INC, F, W, UW or AW in any subject
AB Scholars have to render office hours during their free time on their assigned offices.
7. MILAGROS LIMACO SERVICE SCHOLARSHIP (Student Assistantship)
The Milagros Limaco Service Scholarship/ Student Assistantship Program is open to academically capable SMCL College students for them to continue their tertiary education.
To qualify for MLL Service scholarship, students must satisfactorily comply with the
• S/He must have at least one (1) semester residence.
• S/He should maintain a minimum GPA of 2.75.
• S/He should not incur any failing grade, INC, AW, or UW in any subject.
• S/He should not commit any misdemeanor or violation of school policy as stipulated in the Student Handbook.
• S/He does not have financial capacity to pursue his/her chosen course as shown by Parent’s Income Tax return or BIR certification.
• S/He is recommended by the Scholarship Committee based on the interview and Psychological Test Results.
• For every unit, the MLL Scholar has to render 2 hours of service. He/She will receive a tuition fee discount commensurate to the service that he/she renders to the Institution.
• The MLL Service Scholarship is renewable every semester subject to compliance with the aforementioned guidelines and availability of funds. (Open to all courses except Nursing)
8. LOYALTY DISCOUNT
A 10% loyalty tuition discount is automatically awarded to graduates of all levels who will enroll to the next higher level.
E.g. HS IV to 1st year College - 10% discount
9. BARKADAHANG WALANG IWANAN PROMO
CATEGORY / GRANTS / PERIOD COVERED
• Barkadahang 3 10% discount on 4 years as long as Tuition fee for each they stay together member
• Barkadahang 4 15% discount on 4 years as long as tuition fee for each they stay together member
• Barkadahang 5 20% discount on 4 years as long as tuition fee for each they stay together member
In instance wherein one or two is / are no longer enrolled / or leave/s the “barkada”, the group must complete the number to avail of the same tuition fee discount promo or else they will just be given the promo discount based on the number of “barkada”.
10. FAMILY DISCOUNT
Families who have enrolled at least four (4) of their children at SMCL will be qualified to the Family Loyalty Discount:
The youngest child enrolled by the family qualifies for the 100% Loyalty Discount.
In case the number of offspring enrolled in SMCL is 5, the Loyalty Discount given to
The family will be as follows:
• The youngest child enrolled is awarded full scholarship;
• The fourth child is awarded 20% discount.
11. SIBLING DISCOUNT
Two or three siblings enrolled may avail of the 10% discount that is awarded to the youngest siblings.
The Family and Sibling Discount will be applicable regardless of the academic level / levels in which the siblings are enrolled. Discounts cannot be transferred to the older children of the family.
The Family Discount Program will be applied only to the family whose siblings are enrolled as regular students in any level of SMCL.
12. MICHAELEAN AKO SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
Students with distinct performance in their respective fields of interest thereby providing pride and honor to Saint Michael’s College of Laguna are awarded this scholarship grant. The Tuition Fee Discount depends upon the type of recognition; honor or accomplishment garnered either on or off school and is subject to renewal yearly for high school or every semester for college grantees.
• Michaelean Theater and Dance Company
• Archangels Pep Squad
• Drum and Lyre
• Medallists Athletes Incentive
• Varsity Scholar
13. K / COMMUNITY WORKERS FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE (COLLEGE LEVEL)
The grant is subject to semestral renewal upon satisfactorily complying with the following:
• Mayor’s certification as SK Chairman Officer;
• Semestral certification of the Mayor’s office,
• No derogatory record on and off campus,
• No F, INC, AW, or UW remarks every end of the semester.
Recipients are mandatory to share expertise / experience by service via leadership training program, entrepreneurship training and other programs sponsored by the Center for Social Action.
14. JOLLIBEE ARAL KABUHAYAN SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
Open to high school graduates and transferees in terested to enroll in HRM. Full tuition fee discount with one free meal and P75.00 daily allowance are given to qualified scholars. SMCL conducts initial screening and Jollibee outlet managers conduct the final screening.
• General High School average of 83 and above.
• No derogatory record on and off campus.
• No INC, F, AW, UW in any of his / her subjects.
• No derogatory record.
• Willing to render 6 working hours in any official Jollibee “Aral Kabuhayan” outlet.
• Must carry 15 – 16 semestral load.
• Willing to attend summer classes
15. SM FOUNDATION
Open to public High School graduates who satisfactorily pass the SM Qualifying exam. SM Foundation shoulders all expenses for one year; renewal is subject to compliance of company policy on grade requirement.