P 29,000-33,000 per trimester
P 18,500 per trimester
Type of school: Private University
Gender admission: Men & Women
Religious affiliation: Nonsectarian
Entrance exam: Required
COURSES OFFERED AT PWU MANILA:
SCHOLARSHIPS AT PWU MANILA:
• Valedictorians (Rank 1) – 100% discount on tuition and miscellaneous fees on the first trimester. Succeeding scholarship will depend on their performance.
• Salutatorians (Rank 2) - 100% discount on tuition and 50% discount on miscellaneous fees.
• Honorable Mention (Ranks 3-5) – 50% discount on tuition and miscellaneous fees
• Honorable Mention (Ranks 6-10) – 100% discount on tuition fees, with the following conditions:
Should come from graduating class of at least 200 students.
A)50% discount on tuition fees only for those less than the required number of graduating class.
B)Applies to all courses except HRM and Nursing
C)Applies also to certificate courses like Medical Transcription, Practical Nursing, Caregiver, and Nursing Aide
• University Scholar – 100% discount on tuition and miscellaneous fees with grades 1.0 – 1.20. 75% discount on tuition and miscellaneous fees with grades 1.21-1.30.
• College Scholar – 50% discount on tuition and miscellaneous fees with grades 1.31-1.40.
• Dean’s List – 25% discount on tuition and miscellaneous fees with grades 1.41-1.50
2.STUDENT ASSISTANTSHIP PROGRAM
• All incoming freshmen applying for Student Assistant shall have an average grade of at least 85% and no failing grades.
• All SA’s shall maintain a weighted average of 2.5 with no failing grade in any subject.
• A tuition fee privilege of 15 units will be granted to all SAs.
• The student shall submit his/her learning objectives (skills, knowledge and competencies the student wants to achieve as SA during his/her stay at PWU.
• In case the students will not be able to complete the prescribed hours at the conclusion of the SA Program, he/she will be required to complete the program after graduation under an apprenticeship program.
• An SA will be allowed to serve in a department/unit for one (1) year and will be rotated to other units to acquire other skills.
• Prior to the first trimester, the SA shall undergo training on leadership, personality development, image enhancement, English proficiency and orientation on PWU administrative policies, code of ethics and other types of training that will be required by the nature of the work assignment in coordination with the Human Resources Development and Management Division.
3.DISCOUNT ON SIBLINGS/PARENT-CHILD
• Two Children/Parent-Child Enrolled
A five (5) percent discount will be provided to the second of two (2) children enrolled with PWU. For instance, if the eldest of the two (2) children is in Second year, the First year student receives the discount.
• Three Children/Parent-Child Enrolled
A 7% discount will be given to the third child provided the first two (2) children continue studying at PWU. In the above example, granting that the first two (2) who enrolled are now Third year and Second year, the third child enrolling in First year gets a 7% discount.
• Four Children/Parent-Child Enrolled
The fourth child to be enrolled receives a 10% discount, provided the first three children continue their studies at PWU.
Discounts are not transferable. Discounts will be applied on tuition fees assessed to the students during the enrollment period.
4. DISCOUNTS FOR JASMS/JMD HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATES PURSUING TERTIARY STUDIES AT PWU
• Discount is ten percent (10%). Applicable to total tuition fees but can be availed of only upon first trimester or term of enrollment.
5. SCHOLARSHIP FOR STUDENT LEADERS
• The scholarship is being recommended for the top student leaders as an incentive and recognition of their leadership, as Student Council Organization President
B)These students are given 100% discount on full assessment.
5. MULTIPLE DISCOUNTS
• Only two (2) discounts can be availed in any given trimester or term
• Fifteen percent (15%) ceiling. Total discounts cannot exceed a maximum of fifteen percent (15%) of tuition fee due/assessed per trimester/term per student
• Not applicable to other privileges. Students enjoying other scholarships/privileges are not eligible to avail of these discounts.
6. EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTS
• The university may offer early bird discounts at it's discretion every trimester for cash payment.
7. SPECIAL ALUMNI DISCOUNT
• A special 10% discount will be given to all children and offspring of all PWU-JASMS ALUMNI who will enroll in PWU (and it's affiliate schools).
• Alumni who avail of this special alumni discount for their offspring must validate their eligibility by presenting a valid Alumni ID issued by the Alumni Office upon enrolment of their offsprings.
• This applies to the children of alumni and is not extendable to nephews, nieces or grandchildren. A birth certificate may be required to show validity.
8. PGMA LOAN
The Program aims to: provide assistance to financially needy 3rd year, 4th year and graduating college students and to qualified students whose allowance for tuition is delayed due to force majeur or other unforeseen/unavoidable circumstances; raise the level of efficiency and effectiveness in the management and administration of a student loan program by involving private higher education institutions as government partner-implementers.
• The loanable amount shall cover TUITION FEE only;
• The maximum loanable amount shall be determined by the PWU; provided, it shall not exceed the amount billed by the school for the TUITION FEE during the semester. Maximum loanable amount is Php 20,000.
• Eligibility Criteria
For Short-Term Loan
A)The loan borrower is a bonafide student of the PWU;
B)The loan borrower cannot possibly pay the tuition on time for the semester due to force majeur;
C)The combined income of parents of the loan borrower is not more than P200, 000.00 per year.d. Other eligibility criteria as the PWU may deem necessary.
For Long-term Loan
A)The loan borrower is a bonafide student of the PWU
B)The loan borrower must either be a 3rd, 4th or 5th year student;
C)The combined income of parents of the loan borrower is not more than P200, 000.00 per year;
D)Other eligibility criteria as the PWU may deem necessary.
9. EDWARD AND EVA LARA UNDERWOOD SCHOLARSHIP
The Edward and Eva Underwood Charitable Foundation scholarship is awarded to students to provide educational opportunities to them and to enable them to pursue their studies. To be considered for scholarship support, all applicants must meet the following criteria:
• Philippine, French or Canadian nationality
• Must be able to demonstrate financial need
• Proof of over-average study record
• The scholarship students must send in a completed application form with supporting documentation.
• All applicants must authorize the release of any information relating to their application to the Edward and Eva Underwood Charitable Foundation. Information may be requested from high school, college, university, government, or community sources, and may include personal evaluations and transcripts.
• Scholarships cover tuition, fees, and other school related expenses. Scholarship accounts can be created at the educational institution at which the recipient is enrolled.
• Applicants are evaluated based upon the applicant’s demonstrated financial need, career goals, academic and/or volunteer record. Financial documentation may be required to demonstrate financial need.
Philippine Women's University in Manila
1743 Taft Avenue, Manila City, Metro Manila.