₱ 6,000-8,000 per year
Type of school: Public University
Religious affiliation: Nonsectarian
Term type: Semester (2 terms per year)
Entrance exam: Required
Gender admission: Men & Women
Total enrollment (AY 2013/14): 5,200 students
Courses offered at PLMUN:
Board exams performance:
- Displaying the passing rates of First Timers only
(does not include people who took the exam for the 2nd or 3rd time)
- Based on the results of past 4 exams of each board exam
|Rank in Philippines
|Criminologists Licensure Exam
|Licensure Exam for Secondary Teacher
|Licensure Exam for Elementary Teacher
|Licensure Exam for Psychometricians
|CPA Licensure Exam
|Real Estate Broker Licensure Examination
Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Muntinlupa
NBP Reservation, Muntinlupa City, 1770 Metro Manila
Scholarships at PLMUN:
1. ENTRANCE SCHOLARSHIPS
• Valedictorians of Public and Private High Schools are entitled to a full tuition fee exemption during the first semester of the First Year.
• Salutatorians o f Public and Private High Schools are entitled to a partial tuition fee exemption of 50% during the first semester of the First Year.
• As a policy, both valedictorians and salutatorians are exempted from taking the entrance examination.
• Summa Cum Laude graduates of a Bachelor‘s Degree from the Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Muntinlupa (PLMun) who wish to enroll in another degree are exempted from payment of the basic tuition fees for two (2) semesters.
• Magna Cum Laude graduates of a Bachelor‘s Degree from the Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Muntinlupa (PLMun) who wish to enroll in another degree are exempted from payment of the basic tuition fees for one (1) semester.
• Cum Laude graduates of a Bachelor‘s Degree from the Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Muntinlupa (PLMun) who wish to enroll in another degree are entitled to a 50% tuition fee discount for one (1) semester.
2. ISKOLAR NG BAYAN SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
The Iskolar ng Bayan Scholarship Program was established by virtue of City Ordinance Numbers 98-08, 98-008, 08-042, 08-061, 09-096, and 13-010 or ―AN ORDINANCE AMENDING ORDINANCE NO.08042, OTHERWISE KNOWN AS THE ―ISKOLAR NG BAYAN PROGRAM, PROVIDING FOR ADDITIONAL INCENTIVES TO THE SCHOLARS AND FOR OTHER PURPOSES. These ordinances provide free college education and incentives at the Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Muntinlupa (PLMun).
Entry Requirements of Iskolar ng Bayan
• First Year Students
• Graduate of Public High Schools in Muntinlupa are prioritized for admission. However, graduates of Private High Schools may only be considered if slots are available.
• Passed University Entrance Examination
• Residents of Muntinlupa City as certified by the Chairman of the Barangay or District Councilor.
• Barangay Clearance
• Form 137
• Income Tax Return (ITR) of parents, if working or Sworn Statement of non-payment, if not working
• Sworn Statement of Parents, if non-payers of income tax
• Billing Statement (Electric and Water bills)
• Certificate of good moral character;
First Coverage: First Year students only:
• Students and parents are residents of the City of Muntinlupa
• Parents are registered voters of the City of Muntinlupa (with Barangay certification and voter‘s ID)
• Students are graduates of the Public High Schools of Muntinlupa
• Students must take a profiling, fitting-in and Placement examination according to PLMun standards;
Second Coverage: Second to Fourth Year students:
• Must have a GPA of 2.5 or higher;
• Students must have no failing grade in the First Year of studies;
• Students must not have dropped any subject during the First Year of studies;
• Students must not have an Incomplete grade in the First Year of studies.
First Coverage: First Year students only
• Honor graduates of public HS of Muntinlupa
• free matriculation fees (exclusive of misc. Fees)
• incentive allowance upon enrollment as follows:
- valedictorian – Php10,000 for two semesters
- salutatorian – Php7,500 for 2 semesters
- 1st -3rd honorable mention – Php5,000 for 2 semesters
- incoming 1st Year Students with GPA of 85% or higher
- free matriculation fees (exclusive of misc.fees)
- incentive allowances of Php3,000 for Two (2) semesters upon enrollment
- Other incoming 1st year students
- free matriculation fees (exclusive of misc. Fees)
Second Coverage: Second to Fourth Year students:
• Must have a GPA of 1.75 or higher – University scholar
• free matriculation fees per semester (exclusive of misc. Fees)
• Php1000 book allowance per semester
• Php1000 uniform allowance per semester
• Php1000 transportation allowance per semester
• GPA of 1.75 to 2.50 – College Scholar
• Free matriculation fees per semester (exclusive of misc. Fees)
3. GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIP GRANT
Government Scholarship Grant under the New Local Government Code of 1991, providing ―Free College Education to Barangay Officials and their LegitimateDependents.
Clientele – Brgy. Officials
• Punong Barangay
• Seven (7) Sangguniang Barangay Members
• Barangay Secretary
• Barangay Treasurer
• Legitimate dependents of the Barangay Officials
• Sangguniang Kabataan (SK) Chairman and the SK Kagawad
• Must be a legitimate child of the Barangay Official as certified by the Barangay Chairman and/or the President of the Association of the Barangay Chairman (ABC)
• Must be a High School Graduate
• Must have passed the Entrance Examination of the University
• Must be of Good Moral Character
• Certification from the Office of the Mayor that the applicant is a child of the Barangay Official
• Photocopy of NSO Birth Certificate
• High School Report Card
• Entrance Test Result or other documents required for admission
• Certificate of Good Moral Character from the High School attended
4. CHED Special Study Grant Program for Congressional Districts (CSSGPCDs)
(Note: students should apply directly to CHED)
• Entering College Freshmen
• Filipino Citizen
• Not more than 30 years of age at the time of application
• With parents/guardians having a gross annual income of not more than Php120,000.00
• No other scholarship/study grant
• Latest BIR Income Tax Return of Parents/Guardians
• Form 138 (for freshmen)
• Report of rating of the last semester‘s attendance in College (General Point Average & Certificate of Matriculation)
• Certificate of live birth (NSO), good moral character and Physical Fitness
• No other scholarship or study grant
5. PLMUN IN-HOUSE GRANTEES (Tuition Fee only)
• PLMun Cultural Group
• Sports and Athletics
• ROTC officers
• Student Publication
• Editorial Staff
• USC Officers
• President of Major Organizations
In-House Grantees must adhere to the policies of the Screening Committee of the Office of the Student Affairs. They must also be able to satisfy the following requirements:
• A bona fide student of PLMun with a maximum load of 18 units
• Not a beneficiary of other scholarships.
• With parental consent.
• With a semestral medical clearance issued by a licensed physician from the Ospital ng Muntinlupa (OsMun)\. Br/>• Have not been subjected to any disciplinary action.
• With screening results of the In Scholarship Committee.
• With pertinent documents such as General Point Average (GPA) and Certificate of Matriculation (COM) submitted to the Scholarship Coordinator a week after the enrollment period.
• Barangay Clearance.
• Passed the requirements or guidelines set by their respective organizations.
• Initial benefit of Fifty percent (50%) discount on Tuition Fees only
• After evaluation, a hundred percent (100%) discount on Tuition Fee given upon recommendation of the adviser.
6. OUT-SOURCED SCHOLARSHIPS
(Note: students may inquire about these scholarships with OSA)
• Iskolar ng BayanCouncilor‘s Scholarship
• How Good Foundation, Inc.
• P.D. 577 (Veteran‘s Beneficiaries)
NOTE: Requirements for Out-Sourced Scholarship Grants are similar to the PLMun In-House Grant.
• To ensure quality in-house scholars, the Screening Committee shall exercise the following duties and responsibilities.
• Interview, approve, and recommend grantees.
• Review the performance and scholastic record of the grantees.
• Recommend the retention or removal of the grantee (s).
• Create and recommend policies, standards and guidelines for inhouse scholarships
• Implement the approved, policies and guidelines.
• Meet at least twice every semester or as needed.
• Ensure quality In-House Scholars.
• Do other duties and responsibilities which may be assigned by the University Consultant/President.
• Its members are: OSA Director, Registrar, Deans or their representatives, VPAAF, USC President.
• GPA to maintain for all in-house scholars:
- Warden, USC, Major Organizations – 2.25
- Sports, Cultural, NSTP, ROTC – 2.5
- Deans Lister – 1.75