Negros Oriental State University
Dumaguete City, Negros Oriental
Application for AY 2015/16
Education courses offered at NORSU
1. The administration of admission procedures in the
GraduateSchool is placed under the responsibility of an ad hoc
Administration committee chaired by the Dean.
2. For admission into the master's degree program, an applicant
Must have a baccalaureate degree with a general grade point
Average of at least 2.0 (85%-87%).
3. For admission into the doctoral program, an applicant must be the
Holder of a master's degree, with a general grade point average of
At least 1.75 (88%-89%).
4. In certain fields of concentration, graduate students should have
The corresponding undergraduate academic background. Thus, an
Applicant for the M.A. In English program should ideally be an
Undergraduate English major. If not, the applicant must have at least
12 units in the discipline in his/her undergraduate program. Graduate
Students who lack these credentials shall complete, at the masteral
Level, the remainder of the minimum of twelve (12) units in the
Discipline before admission to the regular degree program.
5. Applicants must submit two (2) copies each of the following:
• Authenticated copy of the official transcript of records from last
• Transfer credentials (certificate of honorable dismissal) from last
• Permit to study signed by the applicant's Head of Office (required
For all public school teachers)
• One (1) recent ID photograph (1" x 1")
6. Applicants with incomplete credentials at the time of registration
May be admitted on a temporary basis pending receipt of the
7. Before admission to the GraduateSchool, all new applicants must
Be interviewed by the Graduate School Dean or the Assistant Dean.
The data provided in this page was collected from Negros Oriental State University's website
, other internet sources, as well as by calling or emailing the school's representatives.
Last updated on December 2013.
Please read our disclaimer
. If you have found any errors or missing data, please inform us