Type of school: Private University
Religious affiliation: Catholic
Term type: Semester (2 terms per year)
Entrance exam: Required
Gender admission: Men & Women
₱ 40,000-50,000 per year
₱ 42,000 per year
Courses offered at Liceo de Cagayan University:
Based on the FindUniversity.ph Weighted Board Exams Ranking
|Rank in Misamis Oriental
||6 out of 7 schools
|Rank in Northern Mindanao
||10 out of 16 schools
|Rank in Philippines
||174 out of 259 schools
Centers of Excellence and Development:
Board exams performance:
Displaying the passing rates of First Timers only
(does not include people who took the exam for the 2nd or 3rd time).
Based on the results of past 4 exams
of each board exam.
|Rank in Philippines
|Medical Technology Board Exam
|Nurses Licensure Exam
|Physical Therapist Licensure Exam
|Librarian Licensure Examination
|Radiologic Technologist Licensure Exam
|Criminologists Licensure Exam
|Licensure Exam for Secondary Teacher
|Pharmacist Licensure Exam
|Licensure Exam for Elementary Teacher
|Electronics Technicians Board Exam
|Real Estate Appraiser Licensure Exam
|CPA Licensure Exam
|Real Estate Broker Licensure Examination
|Licensure Exam for Psychometricians
|Civil Engineering Licensure Exam
|Electronics Engineer (ECE) Licensure Exam
Liceo de Cagayan University
Rodolfo N. Pelaez Boulevard, Cagayan De Oro City, 9000 Misamis Oriental
Dorms at Liceo de Cagayan University:
Sophia Residence Hall - dormitory for female students. It has the following services and facilities:
- Service-Oriented Staff
- Study Tables in the Room
- Housekeeping Services
- Dining Area
- Laundry Services
- Shower Bathrooms
- 24-hour Security Service
- Extra wall fans in the Rooms
- Individual Lockers
Scholarships at Liceo de Cagayan University:
The University allows admission on educational benefits by grants or contractural arrangements subjects the to following rules and regulation:
A. State Scholarship Program:
This program is administered by the National scholarship under the CHED pursuant to R.A. 4090. This grant is divided into three (3) categories:
1. National Integrated Study Grant Program (NISGP) under Presidential Memorandum Order 516 covering both baccalaureate and post graduate courses.
2. Selected Ethnic Group Educational Assistance Program (SEGEAP), formerly the PANAMIN, for prospective students belonging to the cultural communities.
3. TEIJIN Limited Scholarship Program (TLSP) for selected engineering and technological courses.
Students shall apply for these scholarship grants at the CHED, and once approved, may be admitted to Liceo de Cagayan University subject to the admission requirements.
B. Armed Forces of the Philippines Grants
Under P.D 577, a scholarship is granted to dependents of AFP personnel who died or became incapacitated in the line of duty. The qualified dependents are the following:
1. Surviving spouse
2. Unmarried children below 21 years old
3. Parents if wholly dependent
4. Next of kin below 21 years old
Application for this scholarship grant shall be filed at the AFP office.
C. PNP Educational Grant
It is special educational benefit being offered by the school to the members of the PNP personnel assigned in the Police Station of Cagayan de Oro City. This arrangement was forged between President Jose Ma. R. Golez and former Mayor Aquilino Pimentel Jr. To give opportunity to members of the Cagayan de Oro City police force to persue their college education. Presently, this grant is extended to the dependents of the PNP personnel on a quota basis.
Application for this scholarship grant must be filed within the enrollment period subject to available slots in the quota.
D. Private Education Student Financial Assistance Program (PESFA)
This financial assistance to students is governed by R.A 6728. Application for this benefit shall be filed at the Commission on Higher Education (CHED).
E. Study Now Pay Later Plan (SNPLP)
1. A scholarship plan administered by the CHED, per CHED order No. 29, S. 1989. This scheme is available for courses of national priority, which includes but not limited to:
• Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
• Bachelor of Science in Nursing
• Bachelor of Science in Physical Therapy
2. The following may avail of the SNPLP Asisistance Program:
• Dependents of parents or guardians with a gross income of not more than P35,000.00 per annum or as the law provides
• Graduates of secondary course from public school or regognized private school
• Average grade of not less than 80% in the 4th year High School
3. Filing of Applications
• Application under this plan shall be made at the CHED Regional Office where the applicant obtains the application form and other documents to be accomplished.
• Such other scholarship grants as may be contracted by the school with private entities and individuals.
Filing Scholarship Grants
Application for scholarship must be filed within a month after the start of the regular class. In the case of educational benefits granted under a quota system, priority shall be on a "first-come-first-served" basis and based on the need of the student as may be determined by the SPS office.
Scholarships are renewable every semester, depending upon the student's academic performance as required by the University. Any student whose semester's work qualifies for scholarship may file his application at the Office of the Dean.
F. Scholarships: Academic
1. Rodolfo Neri Pelaez Gold Medal of Excellence
High School valedictorians and salutatorians from government-recognized secondary schools shall be entitled to a full scholarship grant.
2. Special Scholarship Grant for College Freshmen whose Scores Pass the Cut-Off Set by the School
A qualifying examination shall be given to interested students on the date specified by the school for this special scholarship.
3. Additional benefits for Academic Scholars and Board / Bar Exam Topnotchers
• For Academic Scholars:
- Free textbooks / workbooks
- Free uniforms
• For Summa Cum Laude, Magna Cum Laude and Cum Laude Graduates
- Free review fee
• For Board / Bar Topnotchers:
- First to Third Placer - Plaque of Recognition plus a full scholarship grant that is fully assignable.
- Fourth to Tenth Placer - Plaque of Recognition plus partial (75%) scholarship grant that is fully assignable.
- Eleventh to Twentieth Placer - Plaque of Recognition plus a partial (50%) scholarship grant that is fully assignable.
G. Scholarships: Non-Academic
1. Athletic scholarship shall be granted to deserving students after having qualified in the various varsity teams / events. They shall enjoy either full or half tuition scholarships on a semestral basis.
2. As an avenue of students to develop their writing skills / prowess thru the publication of school paper, the Editor-in-chief and Associate Editor of the school organ shall enjoy either full or half free tuition for one semester.
3. Members of the Liceo Folkloric Dance Troupe, Rondalla, G-Clef Musical Society, Rodelsa Repertory, OCPA, Drum and Bugle Corp, and Band (members with their own instruments), Technical Assistants, Campus Aide, Student Police Guard, shall enjoy either full or half tuition scholarship for one semester.
4. Student Assistance Programs (SAP)
In deep awareness of the economic difficulties experienced by parents in sustaining the education of their children on one hand, and the desire of the school administration to provide efficient and extra service to her students on the other, the Liceo de Cagayan University, under the supervision of the Student Personnel Services Office, offers the Student Assistance Program (SAP)
• All applicants of the Student Assistance Program are required to submit to the SPS Office the following:
- Application Letter
- Copy of parent's latest Income Tax Return or Certificate of Tax exemption
- Medical Certificate
- Student report card (Form 138) for incoming first year students
- Parent's consent
• The applicant must pass the intelligence quotient (IQ) and the personal interview by the SPS Director
5. State Scholarship Grants
• National Integrated Study Program
• Selected Ethnic Group Educational Assistance Program
• TEIJIN - Limited Scholarship Program for Engineering and Technical Courses
6. Private Educational Student Financial Assistance Program
7. Study Now Pay Later Plan
8. Tuition Fee Benefits and Discount based on Blood Relation
• All Family members, regardless of the number of students enrolled, shall enjoy a fifty percent (50%) discount.
• Those members of the Gopel Group of Companies shall enjoy forty percent (40%) discount.
• For outsiders, the following shall apply:
No. Of Student Discount
One (1) None
Two (2) 15% on the 2nd Student
Three (3) 30% on the 3rd Student
Four (4) 100% on the 4th Student
Five (5) 30% on the 4th and 100% on the 5th Student
Six (6) 100% from the 5th to the last Student,
Four (4) Students will pay in full
The discounts shall apply to the student (s) with the lowest assessment and shall be without prejudice to other discounts due to early full payments and other grants or privileges due to academic or working scholarship.
9. Multiple Scholarship
In cases where a student enjoys both academic and non-academic scholarship grants, the student shall avail of the grant that gives the biggest benefit, not both. Scholarships offered by outside organizations maybe availed of in addition to either academic or non-academic scholarship subject to the rules and limitations of such outside grants.
The screening of the prospective scholars under this category shall be done one week before the enrollment period or earlier but not later than one week before the start of regular classes.
The guidelines for the admission, retention and disqualification of scholars under this category are on file at the SPS Office.