Benguet State University
La Trinidad, Benguet
Application for AY 2014/15
Agriculture courses offered at BSU
A. Master’s Degree Program
1. Appropriate bachelor’s degree or it's equivalent from a university or from other recognized institutions of higher learning;
2. High academic standing; and,
3. English proficiency.
B. Doctoral Degree Program
1. Appropriate master’s degree or it's equivalent from a university or other recognized educational institution;
2. High academic standing;
3. English proficiency; and,
4. Have conducted a master’s thesis.These qualities shall be evaluated based on (a) examination of undergraduate or graduate credentials, (b) recommendations of two former professors, (c) interview with the applicant or other appropriate means, and (d) character reference.
C. DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED
1. For foreign students, a formal letter of application for admission, stating among others, the applicant’s purpose in pursuing a graduate degree and specific field (s) of interest, including a personal history statement.
2. A duly accomplished Graduate School Application for Admission Form, accompanied by:
• Official Transcript of Records of undergraduate work (and graduate work, if any), for evaluation purposes. Photocopies of records can be accepted provided they are properly authenticated. In case of foreign applicants, by the Ministry of Education or by duly designated authorities in the country of the applicant. Final admission will be subject to verification of documents submitted against original copies of credentials. Certified English translation should also be submitted where necessary;
• Duly accomplished Recommendation Form from two (2) former professors with their evaluation of the applicant’s potential for graduate work;
• Certified Service Record for those who are employed.
3. Certification of English language proficiency (TOEFL) score of at least 500, or it's equivalent, for applicants whose native language is not English, except those who are from institutions where the medium of instruction is English; and
4. A non-refundable application fee of P100.00 for Filipino citizens, and for non-resident aliens, USD 25 (or peso equivalent) for master’s and USD 40 for doctorate.
5. All applications must be received on or before April 30 for those enrolling for the first semester, or before September 30 for the second semester, or before February 28 for summer. Application forms can be downloaded or can be obtained in person at the Graduate School office.
6. Credentials filed in support of the application become the property of Benguet State University and will not be returned to the applicant.
The data provided in this page was collected from Benguet State University's website (http://www.bsu.edu.ph), other internet sources, as well as by calling or emailing the school's representatives.
Last updated on August 2013.
Please read our disclaimer
. If you have found any errors or missing data, please inform us