Bachelor of Elementary Education is a program designed to prepare students to teach all subjects in the elementary level. This program starts from kindergarten up to grade six depending on the institution.
What are the admission requirements for Bachelor of Elementary Education in the Philippines?
- Must have a copy of high school report card (form 138)
- Must have certificate of good moral character from high school principal
- Must have a copy of Authenticated (NSO) Birth Certificate
- Must take and pass the college entrance examination
- Medical Certificate
- Dental Health Record
- 2 recommendation letters from previous school attended
How long does it take to complete Bachelor of Elementary Education in the Philippines?
The whole curriculum for BS in elementary education takes 4 years to complete.
What is covered in the BS in Elementary Education program?
Bachelor of Science in elementary education has 60 units of major subjects that include English, Filipino, Math, Physical Sciences, Biological Sciences, Values education, PEHM and Islamic Studies.
What are the major fields of specialization in Bachelor of Elementary Education?
- BS in Elementary Education major in Special Education (SPED)
This is a program made to equip students a better understanding of the psychology of special children. It includes effective teaching strategies and relevant instructional materials.
- BS in Elementary Education major in Preschool Education (BEED-PSE)
This is a program that aims to equip pedagogical knowledge, content and skills in dealing with pre-school children. It includes effective and suitable teaching strategies for pre-school or early childhood education.
- Bachelor of Elementary Education major in Art Education (BEED-AE)
- Bachelor of Elementary Education major in Early Childhood Education (BEED-ECED)
- Bachelor of Elementary Education major in English (BEED-ENG)
- Bachelor of Elementary Education major in Music, Arts and Physical Education (BEED-MAPE)
- Bachelor of Elementary Education major in Science and Health (BEED-SH)
- Bachelor of Elementary Education major in Technology and Home Economics (BEED-THE)
What exam do I need to pass in order to practice elementary teaching in the Philippines?
In order to practice teaching in the Philippines, you need to take and pass the Licensure Examination for Teachers (LET)
. This exam is given by the Philippine Regulation Commission (PRC). The PRC is responsible in setting standards for examinees and an examinee must obtain an average rating of not less than 75% and must have no rating lower than 50% in any of the tests to pass this exam.
What are the requirements for admission to the LET Examination?
- A copy of the NSO authenticated birth certificate
- Original copy of community tax certificate (cedula)
- A copy of NSO –issued marriage contract in NSO security paper (for married females only)
- A copy of the Transcript of Records with Special order and date of graduation with remarks “FOR BOARD EXAMINATION PURPOSES ONLY”
What are the career opportunities for graduates of BEED in the Philippines?
- School teacher in public and private schools
- Administrator for day care and tutorial centers for kids in elementary
- SPED teacher in primary education level
- SPED researcher/trainer/ speaker
- Textbook and module writer
- Pre-school and early childhood teacher
What are the national passing rates of the Licensure Examination for Teachers for elementary education since 2006?
- 2010 – 15.44 % (4,835 out of 31,306 examinees)
- 2009 – 27.86% (7,470 out of 26, 812 examinees)
- 2008 – 30.46% (17,816 out of 58,471 examinees)
- 2007 – 27.54% (18,376 out of 66,709 examinees)
- 2006 – 29.22% (17,377 out of 59,457 examinees)