The Bachelor of Arts in English program provides students with knowledge and skills of the English language and literature. It trains students in creative writing, literary, cultural rhetoric, acquiring a high level of English proficiency and becoming articulate speakers of the English language.
Students who would like to work as English teachers need to take additional units of the education curriculum or BS in Education major in English and take the Licensure Examination for Teachers to become licensed English teachers.
What are the admission requirements for AB in English in the Philippines?
- Must have recommendation from high school principal and school guidance counsellor certifying to the applicant’s work and from a prominent member of the community
- Must have the Original copy of high school card (Form 138A)
- Must have most recent medical and dental health record
- Must take and pass the College Entrance Examination
- Must have a copy of NSO certified birth certificate
- Must have a certificate of good moral character
- Must have a copy of high school diploma
- One 2”x 2” copy of latest photo
How long does it take to complete AB in English in the Philippines?
The AB in English program takes 4 years to complete.
What subjects are included in the AB in English program?
- Research Writing in the Disciplines
- Structure of the English Language
- Contemporary Literary Criticisms
- Speech and Oral Communication
- Introduction to Language Study
- Introduction to Sociolinguistics
- History of the English Language
- Approaches to College English
- Chemistry and its Application
- Sining ng Pakikipagtalastasan
- Literatures of the Philippines
- English for Specific Purposes
- History of Literary Criticism
- Advanced English Grammar
- Intro. to Applied Linguistics
- Basic Communication Skills
- Argumentation and Debate
- Introduction To Sociology
- Literatures of the World
- Mythology and Folklore
- Intensive Composition
- Teaching of Literature
- Children’s Literature
- Rizal’s Life & Works
- Registers in English
- Language Research
- Foreign Language
- Language Testing
- Earth Science
- Gen. Biology
What are the career opportunities for graduates of AB in English in the Philippines?
- Staff in Government and Civil Service agencies
- Staff in Publishing & Printing companies
- Management trainee and supervisor
- Tutor in Languages and Linguistics
- Radio announcer/commentator
- Public Relations
- Television host